I am so sorry about your denial, please do share with us the amount of evidence you sent if were there any wide gaps on your proof of continuous stay. This letter is the one that we all dread and hope to not receive, just looking at it made me nervous. Hope we can help eachother and try t figure out what went wrong I see there are a lot of people here who are kind enough to discuss this with you and maybe you reapplying will provide a better outcome once you know you have covered everything that you need to send.

yes, like others have said, it would be nice to know what evidence you sent in regards to this issue.

even if you think that you sent enough evidence, the decision is up to the USCIS officer reviewing your case. if THAT officer feels that you have not met the requirements, either initially or after an RFE, then your application will be denied. as it has in your case.

when sending evidence regarding the "continuous residency" it is always best to send evidence from every month from every year requested. if you can send more then one evidence per month.

i can only imagine how disappointed and sad you must feel, not only because you've been denied but also because you can not appeal this decision.

my advice to you would be to save all your evidence and wait till CIR passes and go from there. really, that's kind of your only option at the moment other then getting married for papers. (which is a crime, if caught)

i do wish the best for you (i honestly do) and hope that you can find the silver lining in all this. :)

yes, like others have said, it would be nice to know what evidence you sent in regards to this issue.

even if you think that you sent enough evidence, the decision is up to the USCIS officer reviewing your case. if THAT officer feels that you have not met the requirements, either initially or after an RFE, then your application will be denied. as it has in your case.

when sending evidence regarding the "continuous residency" it is always best to send evidence from every month from every year requested. if you can send more then one evidence per month.

i can only imagine how disappointed and sad you must feel, not only because you've been denied but also because you can not appeal this decision.

my advice to you would be to save all your evidence and wait till CIR passes and go from there. really, that's kind of your only option at the moment other then getting married for papers. (which is a crime, if caught)

i do wish the best for you (i honestly do) and hope that you can find the silver lining in all this. :)

what if you only sent evidence for each year? like a few items for each year between 2007-2012?

Well i sent atleast one file for each year and they acknowledged my i94 and many other documents including school documents and others. This should of been more than sufficient (They acknowledged these things in my ref) which means the officer may of been just a hard ass. But i spoke with uscis they said to fax a letter to the branch and I did and i called and they're saying i cannot make contact with the director who signed off on the case so im not sure if im going anywhere with this.

So what was requested of you in the RFE letter and what did you send as evidence to that RFE?

I sent more transcripts, a letter from doctor stating i have been coming to him since 2004 to the date also a dental record of xrays for 2009

I sent more transcripts, a letter from doctor stating i have been coming to him since 2004 to the date also a dental record of xrays for 2009

But in the RFE, for what dates did they request more evidence?

sorry man i was goin thru the same thing the person who fill my aplication wasnt a lawyer and he made me bougt a online high school diploma (i dint graduate couse i miss half credit) on february 21 a i got an update that my case was on decision status i kept calling and they keep telling me it was denied last week i got an update an it puts me back to initial review so i call them again and second officer said that it was denied so i give up ,the weir thing is that i have not recieve no denial letter ..i hire a lawyer and we send the aplication again now im in roll to GED clases and we send it last week hopefully i get any news this week.. oh when i went to see the person who filled my application at first he gave a letter wroten to senator of illinois saying plz tell uscis to aprove my case which i never send :-/ but one of my friend did couse his case was like and hold for a RFE that he never get since dicember and the senator wrote him back saying that he was going to take care of his case maybe you can do somethin like that..

what if you only sent evidence for each year? like a few items for each year between 2007-2012?

if you only sent a few items for every year, then the gaps of time are going to be greater and therefore the USCIS officer looking at your case will have more reason to issue an RFE asking for more evidence to establish enough ground that you meet each requirement.

Well i sent atleast one file for each year and they acknowledged my i94 and many other documents including school documents and others. This should of been more than sufficient (They acknowledged these things in my ref) which means the officer may of been just a hard ass. But i spoke with uscis they said to fax a letter to the branch and I did and i called and they're saying i cannot make contact with the director who signed off on the case so im not sure if im going anywhere with this.

when you say you sent "at least one file for each year" what does the file entail? is it just one thing for the whole year? if thats the case then, personally, i dont think that would meet the requirement for residency.

however, if it is evidence for every single month for a year, then that would meet the requirement.

if you only sent a few items for every year, then the gaps of time are going to be greater and therefore the USCIS officer looking at your case will have more reason to issue an RFE asking for more evidence to establish enough ground that you meet each requirement.

well i sent billing history for some stuff and they covered a few months of each year. and i sent other pieces of evidence too. im guessing i had enough stuff or the person who helped me put my package together wouldve said something. its kind of ridiculous for them to expect people to have evidence for EVERY month over the course of 12 months. but some people have so who knows.

well i sent billing history for some stuff and they covered a few months of each year. and i sent other pieces of evidence too. im guessing i had enough stuff or the person who helped me put my package together wouldve said something. its kind of ridiculous for them to expect people to have evidence for EVERY month over the course of 12 months. but some people have so who knows.

true. i do and did. i'm real anal about my paperwork and still have medical records from when i was little.

best thing to do is just wait and if you find anything that you think would help and save it just in case you do get an RFE. that way, you can see what the RFE is asking for and see if you have it allowing you to send back the RFE quickly.

true. i do and did. i'm real anal about my paperwork and still have medical records from when i was little.

best thing to do is just wait and if you find anything that you think would help and save it just in case you do get an RFE. that way, you can see what the RFE is asking for and see if you have it allowing you to send back the RFE quickly.

thanks im already prepared. they have to send an RFE before they deny you right?

yeah, that's usually how it works. if they sent back your application before the RFE, it means that your application was not filed out the right way, or your forgot to sign it or the payment was missing.

im sorry to here this happend to you and i hope you get help and it it all works out wishing you good luck. and if you dont mind me asking have you recieved the letter of denial as yet? if you had what do it say?

I am going to apply again, is there any guidelines on evidence to send in this time? for an easier application for my favor

Yes, the I-821D instruction page.

http://www.uscis.gov...i-821dinstr.pdf

Try to send in one document per month if possible. Send anything with your name, address and date on it, or just name and date if you have any.

DilonShane, If you're going to reapply, just make sure to have proper evidence for every requirement i.e for 5 year continued (every month) bc I think that's the most reason why USCIS sends RFEs. Your packet should be a thick one. The guidelines can be found on the USCIS website. I send my college transcripts & Banking Statements. GOOD LUCK!!

I was going to send just the college transcripts, but I paid a lawyer $50 just to double check my paperwork. He told me that the transcripts has gaps( summer & winter breaks), and that USCIS will make that gaps a big deal (he was right!!). He ask me if I had a bank account, and to sent my statements for those 5 years ( 250 pages :o ).

Thank you guys for the help, the problem is i do not pay my own bills or anything of that sort as I am 18 years and i came here when i was 9 so there isnt much to show I really need some help with finding evidence

i dont think you have to send every single month, just enough evidence so that it all pieces together well enough for them to see that youve maintained residency here. itd be kind of ridiculous for them to expect every applicant to have every single month of every single year.