What do we write for question #9 "Country of Residence" Do we write mexico or U.S. or what do we write?

Also for question #13 "initial date entry into the U.S." What do i write if i only remember the Month and year, but not the exact date? Would really appreciate it if you could answer my question, thanks in advance.

What do we write for question #9 "Country of Residence" Do we write mexico or U.S. or what do we write?

Also for question #13 "initial date entry into the U.S." What do i write if i only remember the Month and year, but not the exact date? Would really appreciate it if you could answer my question, thanks in advance.

For the question of Country of Residence, it would be United States. For Country of Citizenship, it would be the country you were born.

#13 You have to give the closest estimate of your date of entry.

Thanks a lot for your help! So would be okay for me to write 01/ n/a /1999 or should i write Jan 1999? as i only know the month and date and not the exact date.

as long as you have the month and year, it should be ok. it says on the instructions to fill it in to the best of your ability. when filling out mine, i put that i entered 7 days after i was born because that is what i have always been told. so the day isnt really important but if you and/or your family can try and remember something important happening around that time to better guess the day. if not, you can always put something in the middle of the month, like the 17th or 18th.

My mother said it was a saturday either the 17th or 24th, since i got my visa the Jan 12, 1998.

I put 01/17/1998 on the application, i guessed the date kind of, do you think there will be a problem with that? Like what if they say it was the 24th, and say im lying and deny my work permit?

or do you think there wont be a problem since it says to the best of your ability?

If you think it was the 24th, put the 24th. I'm guessing it would be better to put a later time rather than an earlier one since it's only a 7 day difference.

Have you checked your passport? On mine it has a red stamp with the date of entry.

Yes the problem is my passport expired in 2001, so i had to get a new one. You're right about it being better to put a later date, rather than an earlier date. I had put the 17th, but i think i will change it to the 24th, better to be safe than sorry. lol