Sign in to follow this  
Rawf

Changing your fake SSN to a Valid One.

I've been thinking about this a lot.

Most of us has been working and still work using a fake ssn, how are you going to go about changing the fake ssn to the real one when you get it?

How will you explain the change of number without getting fired?

Do anyone have any useful information about this matter?

Rawf..I don't work but I have applied for colleges and banks with my ITIN number and hit approved. So what I will do is go in and tell them to update my ssn. I've recently went into one of the banks I use to update my ITIN number since I made an account without providing any kind of number and they were able to change it for me.

So I realize that working situation is much different from updating my bank account. But if I were you and I've used a fake SSN, I will tell the employer or whoever is in charge of my record that my status has been changed and update on SSN is necessary. Seems like no need to explain what change has been made unless your boss likes to know about everyone else's business. Of course it wouldn't be easy but if you need to work in the same place and can't afford to look for a new one, asking your boss for the contact info. for the CPA he uses and update your info. with the CPA seems like an option, too.

I will keep working at the same job until I can find another one, but the idea you gave seems perfect and sound painless.

Thank you!

PS: I too have a bank account and credit card, both using the ITIN :)