Sign in to follow this  
Mee

Random Question

Has anyone heard of the Ombudsman office? If so, have you contacted the office and was it any help?

Were you denied action? Because that is what they deal with, complaints against govt administration and wrongful administration regarding lack of public service interest on the govt's part.

i believe they also deal with other issues as well.

What Types of Problems Can the Ombudsman Help Me With?

The Ombudsman may be able to help if:

• You are facing an emergency or hardship caused by a mistake, error, or delay by USCIS.
  • You are experiencing a problem with your application or petition that you have not been able to resolve with USCIS.
  • Your application or petition is pending beyond USCIS processing times.

The Ombudsman is not able to help if:

• You are seeking legal advice. The Ombudsman does not provide legal advice.
  • You are seeking assistance with an issue that does not involve USCIS. The Ombudsman’s authority is limited to assisting with problems that relate to USCIS applications, petitions, or services.

NOTE: While the Ombudsman’s Office provides impartial and independent recommendations to USCIS on how to resolve problems, the Ombudsman’s Office does not have the statutory authority to make or change USCIS decisions.

No I have not been denied. I was wanting to contact them to see if they could help me with my case since I've been waiting almost 8 months. Do you suggest I give it a try? I am kinda scared to do it :-/