Sign in to follow this  
yareci

Is a valid passport needed to apply?

Does the passport have to be valid? I believe mine expired some time ago, so what do i do? Do i need something else for identification?

if you are including it in the paperwork that you are sending with your DACA app, then no it does not need to be valid. However, you will need a form of valid government issued ID in order to go to the biometrics appt.

if i am not mistaken, a consulate ID card will work for the biometrics appt as well. if you need to renew your passport, you will have to contact your countries consulate on how to do so.

You're right PSWA83, a consulate ID will work as long as it has a current photo and it valid. Same goes for a passport, but the passport photo doesn't have to be actual as many countries don't change the passport photo unless you lose it or request a brand new one.

Like they said, you won't need a valid passport, but it is a good idea to get have a valid "Matricula Consular"

It will be needed when you go to get the Biometrics done.

Not having a valid passport will show that you didn't travel outside of the U.S. which is a good thing.

Since you are asking about expired passport, I am assuming you came into the country though a visa. If you did, your expired visa attached on your expired passport is very good. That serves you as your initial evidence to prove the date you entered, your initial status when you first entered the states, and etc. If you have a different form of a gov. issued I.d. you don need to worry about getting a new passport for now.