Sign in to follow this  
Audiocrazy20

New Member From Il

Hello to everyone. Like to start off by saying this is a great site. A little info about me. My name is Luis, I have been here since 1 month old. My mom was pregnant with me here in CA where we used to live and left to Mexico to be along my grandparents (months preg). Then came right back with a 1 month old. I'm 27 now, married to A US citizen and have 2 great boys. Unfortunately we have not been able to apply through my wife since I don't want to leave the country. My lawyer sent my app for DACA Apr 4th and I went in for bios Apr 17th (walk in). The wait starts. My dad was here for the amnesty of 86 but due to issues with his file getting lost he want able to become a US citizen until just recently, it was too late for him to claim me since I was already over 18. I'm already lucky enough to have a great job as I work for my inlaws as a subcontractor. But getting DACA will finally allow me to drive without fear and be able to take my family on a well deserved vacation.

It's great to hear another story! Thank you for sharing. Hopefully your case is approved very soon so you can take them for the summer :) Good luck!

welcome to the forum. its stuff like this that congress needs to see, and realize we're not just numbers or a faceless horde trying to destroy the country. we're just people who want a good life and cant get it in our own countries. best of luck to you getting approved!

Wow your story is almost mine..lol.. Mom was preg here too, left at 8 months but came back when I was 3 months..Im 27 too.. Good Luck!! let us know how it goes.. :)

Thanks Lyssa. It's amazing how a small yet very important decision made by our parents years ago made such a big difference. Although at one point in my life I blamed my parents for that choice now I thank them because it made me work harder for everything I have now and appreciate things in life more. My brother is 22 and he was born here and takes everything for granted. Me and my 30 year old sister have had to work for everything harder. She was approved last month and I hope I'm next.

Got a tm a few hours ago. My EAD is now in production. Texas Service Center is moving very quickly. Here is my timeline

App sent 4-4-13

App Received 4-8-13

Bio Appt 5-3-13. Walked in 4-17-13

EAD Approved 5-10-13

DACA: pending

Just now got another tm saying my DACA was approved. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Be nice if you could request a transfer to a service center that moves quicker.

Texas has had my case collecting dust since november, dont count on texas being quick, just coincidence and a lot of luck

Texas has had my case collecting dust since november, dont count on texas being quick, just coincidence and a lot of luck

I'm sure your approval is right around the corner Edwin. Best of luck. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Hi guys. I Have been wondering if perhaps i'll be approved during my birthday? My 21st birthday is in 4 days.I have heard some people getting theirs on their birthday for some reason. Do you think the officers do that on purpose? Here's my timeline. It's been 4 months since i applied

Date Application Sent: 2-19-13
Lockbox: Chicago
Mail Method: Lawyer-Usps
Received Date:2-22-13
Date of Acceptance e-mail/text:2-24-13
Service Center: Nebraska
Date of Biometrics:3-20-13 (Walk-In) 3-10-13
Date of EAD Approval:---