Sign in to follow this  
Mee

Rfe Question

When you receive a rfe do you start over with counting the months? I called the USCIS today and they told me that I want within the timeline because I received a rfe in October, but all together my applicatin was sent August 28th? I'm confused so do I not count August and September?

i do not see why the waiting period would start over just because you received an RFE. there have been people who received an RFE that got approved shortly after sending back the RFE and other have waited longer. i would give it a little more time, call again and ask to speak to a secondary CSR about your case.

I have tried asking to speak to a level 2 rep but they won't let me. They say that they can't give me any other information and that they are just going to tell me what the level 1 rep is telling me. But I am pretty sure they are lying to me.

they're telling you just to get you off the phone. everytime i called (before my case was approved) to correct my last name, i always got a different person and a different answer. even writing emails to the Service Center didnt help much. i finally had to wait on the phone for almost 2 hrs just to get someone to help me and correct the error.

but like i said, you should just wait till maybe this time nxt week (i know, its hard to just sit around and wait) then call again and see if you can talk to someone who is a little nicer (fingers crossed)

they're telling you just to get you off the phone. everytime i called (before my case was approved) to correct my last name, i always got a different person and a different answer. even writing emails to the Service Center didnt help much. i finally had to wait on the phone for almost 2 hrs just to get someone to help me and correct the error.

but like i said, you should just wait till maybe this time nxt week (i know, its hard to just sit around and wait) then call again and see if you can talk to someone who is a little nicer (fingers crossed)

Thanks pswa83 I will keep calling until they allow me to speak to a level 2 rep!

JoseG: that's what it says and I told them that but they tried telling me not to count the two months before I got the rfe. But I knew they were lying to me. I'm just going to keep trying to speak to a level 2 rep.

Yes after you send the rfe it's starts all over again. That is what my letter says. I send my rfe back 2 days ago. Now I jut have to wait. Hopefully I hear soon.

Does any body know if you can get like 2 rfe?

There have been a few instances where people receive two RFEs, if they fail to provide enough evidence on the first one.