Sign in to follow this  
DannyH

Help Ssn Problems.

I recently applied to work and the manager said that she ran my SSN twice and something weird regarding my Social came up. On my card it says, "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" and at the bottom right it has a date 02/06/2013 I haven't used it since I got it because I've been out of work. Also on my Work Permit ID card they forgot the last letter of my middle name I know I have to fill out the i-90 app but there are somethings on there I don't fully understand I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it? I won't have to pay anything other than shipping right? Because of the USCIS error right?

I would love some replies and thank you for reading I am worried about this.

Post the questions of which part you don't understand and we will be able to help.

If you decide to get help on a one by one basis from anyone here, please be careful and don't give out personal information.

I recently applied to work and the manager said that she ran my SSN twice and something weird regarding my Social came up. On my card it says, "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" and at the bottom right it has a date 02/06/2013 I haven't used it since I got it because I've been out of work. Also on my Work Permit ID card they forgot the last letter of my middle name I know I have to fill out the i-90 app but there are somethings on there I don't fully understand I was wondering if anyone could help me out with it? I won't have to pay anything other than shipping right? Because of the USCIS error right?

I would love some replies and thank you for reading I am worried about this.

1. Your social is only valid with a valid work authorization (EAD) - so it should work with your valid EAD that you got in the mail thanks to DACA

2. You could have the middle letter changed if you want, but anyone with common sense will know it is you...you could contact USCIS and let them know about your problem and see what solutions are offered...

3. You won't have to pay anything other than shipping, right.

4. Where do you need help in the I-90?

Don't worry - it will get sorted out...

1. Your social is only valid with a valid work authorization (EAD) - so it should work with your valid EAD that you got in the mail thanks to DACA

2. You could have the middle letter changed if you want, but anyone with common sense will know it is you...you could contact USCIS and let them know about your problem and see what solutions are offered...

3. You won't have to pay anything other than shipping, right.

4. Where do you need help in the I-90?

Don't worry - it will get sorted out...

EAD is my Card right? Yeah that card on the back is missing the last letter of my Middle name and when I went to the DMV she put down what it said so on my ID its gonna be wrong.

Is there any way I can contact anyone from the USCIS directly because the phone number just makes me prerss numbers that aren't even no where near related to my problem.

Well on the application there's a lot of places I don't fully understand I had my 1st two applications filled out by someone with a liscence and kept copies of everything so what I knew and could copy from those I did. But since i-90 is for "Permanent residents", it asks for details about PERMANENT residents and idk if it I should put down info there from my work authorization card because well thats the thing that I wanna change.

Post the questions of which part you don't understand and we will be able to help.

If you decide to get help on a one by one basis from anyone here, please be careful and don't give out personal information.

11. Class of admission

13. ssn number do I put the one on my EAC (the one I'm returning because they missed a letter from my name?)

Part 2. Application Type.

Part3. #3.#4. Like where I went to get the card? Because it came in the mail or like the biometric place?

#5.a - 7

For the Part5 will I have to fill it out or leave it blank because it's me doing it?

Your I-9 looks weird...

I just filled out one a couple of days ago and it was very simple...

I suggest you scan it/take pic...blur personal details and post it here so we can see...I will do the same with mine and show you...

You basically just have to fill out about 4 things...your employer populates the fields on page 2 (type of documents, etc)

35hnytw.jpg

This is what the first page of the recent I-9 should look like...

• Notice in the first square on the top, right hand corner, that it will expire in 2016 (most recent one)
  • In the second square below (Section 1 of I-9), you populate with your personal information (name, address, Social Security Number, etc)
  • Below, you check you are an 'Alien authorized to work until (date on your EAD/Work Permit - date of expiration)
  • Next, your Alien Number (in the new EAD, it is called USCIS # and below it gives you the number - 012-345-678)
  • Then, you sign...

Second page of I-9 looks like this:

2lkz6sm.jpg

In the red square, is the area that your employer should fill out (or you can fill out yourself)...

• Basically, you put your Work Authorization Number (A# 0123456789), Expiration date of EAD, your Driver's License Number and expiration date, and sometimes your Social Security Number

Employers usually fill out that section and will ask you for your EAD, Social and DL so they can make copies for their records...

Questions?

Comments?