Sign in to follow this  
andrei

Received A Request For Evidence Letter.

Hi, got a call from my lawyer about a month ago saying they received a Request for evidence notice in April 11, 2012 (to be exact) stating I needed to show evidence of my residency from February 2012 to October 2012 as well as proof I was in the United State in June 15, 2012.

thankfully, I have numerous receipts from the Hospital, as well as bills, and transaction histories from my debit card as well as an official letter from my College stating my admission in 2012,

However, my lawyer has the original notice of the Request for Evidence letter and he scent me a scanned copy of it, I did not receive the letter and only knew about it when my Lawyer contacted me.

My question is, is it OK for my to send the scanned copy of the Request for evidence notice? or do I have to send the original?

I'm having trouble contacting my lawyer, I've left numerous e-mails and messages on his telephone number and I am unable to drop by his office because he lives in LA and I live Northern CA, AND the final day to send the evidence is in July 4, 2013 which is a little more than a month away which is getting me a little worried.

btw I forgot to add, that my lawyer also told me to send him copies of my documentations scanned via email (which I did) for him to forward to USCIS, I'm not sure if I should wait for him to finally contact me back with the deadline drawing ever so closer, or if I should just send all the paperwork myself.

seeing how you are not able to go in person to his office, i would call USCIS tuesday (1st thing in the morning 8am) and ask if you need to send the original. explain to them that your lawyer has the original and that you are unable to get in contact with him/her due to their lack of communication.

i would gather what they are asking for and when you get an answer from USCIS (hopefully, it's ok to send a copy of the RFE) then you can mail it out (from the post office would be best) the same day.

btw, when is the due date for your RFE?

July 4th is the due date so it's coming up!

ahhh, yeah that is soon. but once you get the letter and all the evidence, you can send it back priority mail, it cost like 6 bucks and USCIS will get it 2 or 3 days laters.