Sign in to follow this  
ayelenhx

Rick Scott Vetoes Immigrant Drivers License In Florida!!

Does anyone know if it applies to every person under DACA or like I've heard in some places it's for those who entered the country illegally.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19329999

I really hope this isn't true, without a license how will we drive to work or school? I don't want to have to drive with my heart in mouth risking getting a ticket all the time. I want to do this the right way. Smh -.-

Does anyone know if it applies to every person under DACA or like I've heard in some places it's for those who entered the country illegally.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=19329999

I really hope this isn't true, without a license how will we drive to work or school? I don't want to have to drive with my heart in mouth risking getting a ticket all the time. I want to do this the right way. Smh -.-

It applies to Dreamers...

Basically, the only way to get a DL here is to provide a Work Permit (EAD) and an SSN...(already did it in Miami with no problems)

Perhaps the bill was aimed to lessen the time Dreamers have to wait to get a DL, given the time discrepancy that sometimes is found between being DACAmented and getting a Work Permit (EAD)...

If you have a Work Permit and a Social Security Number, Florida WILL give you a license...

BTW - Rick Scott is on his way out...he is leaning heavily on the right, and on this day and age, conservatives need to be reasonable and willing to compromise...which, apparently, he isn't...

That's why Rubio is such a 'hot commodity' right now...he is conservative, but he compromises...

Hopefully, you will be able to get a DL soon...

Cheers!