Sign in to follow this  
flatlinebeforedeath

Good Car Insurance For Daca Approved Person

Hello everyone! Things have been going very well for me lately since I have been DACA approved. I have purchased a car, opened my own bank account, received my Driver's License and finally, after a good 2 month wait, have landed a job. The only problem I'm running into now, is finding an affordable auto insurance company that will take me. I have tried Geico and they would not take me because I have never had a Driver's License up until this current year. I'm worried now that I may run into this dillema with several other insurers.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with an affordable auto insurance company that will take us individuals with a new Driver's License. Much help would be appreciated. Thanks.

depending on your age, you can try being placed on someone else's policy. also, depending on the age of the car, sometimes the best thing to do is to just get the minimum the state requires you to have. if you own your car out right (make no payments) then this is your best option. 1.) you'll have insurance and 2.) you gain driving experience as well. if you bought a new car and are making payments on the car, a lot (if not all) the major car companies, require you to have full coverage insurance while you are still making payments. this is going to be expensive because you are a "new" driver.

my mom and i both have The General, both of the cars are currently listed under her name with me as an added driver and the monthly payments are about $225 only because my car is new and and I have a year worth of payments left. but for two cars and two drivers, that's pretty good. both cars are fully covered. 

sometimes too, the little Mom and Pop insurance companies that you see near the DMV or around town may work as well. just have to shop around and keep in mind that as a "new" driver, it's going to cost a bit to be covered. 

I tried State Farm and they weren't too bad on me since i got added to my bf's insurance. It was only $35 more per month.

thanks, I've been looking into the General. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to be placed on my mother's policy because she had an accident awhile ago (also it's Geico), so it would just be cheaper for me to start my own. I'll look into State Farm as well, Itzel.

thanks, I've been looking into the General. Unfortunately for me, I am unable to be placed on my mother's policy because she had an accident awhile ago (also it's Geico), so it would just be cheaper for me to start my own. I'll look into State Farm as well, Itzel.

I'm still looking too.. I have insurance but looking for something better. My sister works for state farm but they won't insure me since I just got my drivers license.. It think she said its five years