Sign in to follow this  
Anfboii

My passport is expired can I still fill out the applications?

So I went to my consul and I can't get a new passport cuz the ran out of it. It will three months ... Can I still do my paper works with my experided passport or with any type of ID from my country?

You can still process the application and your expired passport can be one of your initial evidence, too. The reason why you need an I.d. Is so that ASC can check your identity when you go in to get your biometric. You need a government issued I.d. I don't know wha kind of I.d. and documents you have, but YES you need a government issued I.d.

A passport will work as an ID from your country, but if you could get an actual recent picture ID from your consulate, that would be even better.

Go to the consulate and get any other form of ID that they can give you, I don't know if you are Mexican, but the Mexican one is called Matricula Consular, you can use that to prove your identity since you need to present your original birth certificate to obtain one.

On the guidelines for the USCIS, documentation that can be provided to prove ones identity, it mentions expired visas, it doesnt mention passports but im assuming it may perhaps be included in the same category.Hope this helps. Good luck.