Sign in to follow this  
JoseC

Affidavit

Hey guys i got a RFE on the mail and they're asking for stuff to prove i was here before my 16th b-day (apparently school transcripts are not enough) but i don't have any documentation showing that i was here.My question is can i just send affidavits from people that know me and know i was here would that be enough?

USCIS will not accept affidavits as proof of satisfying the following guidelines:

• You are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran from the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
  • You were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
  • You came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
  • You were under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012; and
  • Your criminal history, if applicable.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3a4dbc4b04499310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3a4dbc4b04499310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD#evidence

What grade were your school transcripts from?

The ones i sent were from 9th grade i think but they might have overlook them if thats the case idk what im gonna do because really there is no other way that i can prove i waa here

Hmm....At what age did you come to the U.S.?

One thing I can recommend is going to your high school and getting another transcript, along with a letter from the school stating what date you began attending that high school. Also, ask them for a copy of your attendance record, if they have it. Once you have those documents, type a letter stating what your age was on the date that is shown on the attendance record/transcript/letter of when you started attending school.  Along with those documents, send another copy of your Birth Certificate to verify your age. 

Well i got here just before i turned 16 but didn't started going to school until a few moths iater i didnt go right away thats probably why they want more proof and ,really i don't have anything else that says i was here...

i was 16 and like 3 months but they want me to show proof from before that....

Okay, well that makes perfect sense why they didn't accept the transcripts as proof that you were here before 16 years old, because you weren't younger than 16 at the time you started going to school. Perhaps if you had been 16 years old and a week or two, they might have let it slide, but if the earliest evidence you have is 3 months after turning 16, that won't cut it.

I'm not really sure how else you can prove you were here before 16. Did you go to the doctor or any place where a form could have been filled out with your name on it?

Maybe the library but i dont know if they still have records from that date!

I had gaps on my timeline and I really didn't have anything else to show, due to the fact that I didn't work or had a debit card ect. Everything was under my husband's name. So my lawyer told me I needed letters from family members, neighbors,landlord, friends that knew I was here at the months that I was missing. My husband typed some up had people sign them and got a print out of their id, and turned them in. Yesterday they approved me without getting an rfe. I suggest if you really can't find anything then to send some. Also just make sure the people that you get letters from are u.s. citizens or residents. Hope this helps. .

Totally disregard my comment..I just read what Joseg put about the guidelines that really is a tough one. .

What about any pictures with dates? Ex. I have pictures of sitting on my dad's car and it showed the state's license plates. I don't know if that helps. Do you have pictures from when you went to the game?

Well i went to autozone and they pulled  some purchases we made when i was fixing a car i use to drive ,they do have my name and it shows what was bought and the date, then i went to o'reilly and they also gave me some receipts with my name on them as well and date, I'm going to send those in addition to a notarized letter my friend made me saying that i was here before he was deployed to Iraq. Plus they wanted the court disposition papers for one of the misdemeanor cases i had and clearer copy of my High School Diploma  i couldn't find anymore evidence so im just gonna try with that ...hopefully it will be enough...

Well i went to autozone and they pulled  some purchases we made when i was fixing a car i use to drive ,they do have my name and it shows what was bought and the date, then i went to o'reilly and they also gave me some receipts with my name on them as well and date, I'm going to send those in addition to a notarized letter my friend made me saying that i was here before he was deployed to Iraq. Plus they wanted the court disposition papers for one of the misdemeanor cases i had and clearer copy of my High School Diploma  i couldn't find anymore evidence so im just gonna try with that ...hopefully it will be enough...

Don't worry justray and that will be enough :)