Sign in to follow this  
Rawf

Are You Preparing For The Reform?

If yes,

What steps are you taking? Are you enrolling into a college? Are you already graduated?

Share with everyone the steps you're taking to be ready when it comes out.

Yes, we're preparing. As far as myself, I'm trying to finish my undergraduate degrees and apply to go to medical school before the legislation goes into effect. I figure the evidence requirements will be about the same as DACA (proving continuous residency for a number of years), so I have a bank account, credit card, cell phone, and I still make regular online purchases.

If all goes well, my mother will also get the chance to apply to change her status post-reform. We have a box here filled with evidence from the date of our entry into the country (late 1980s) to present. There are a few gap years, so right now we're trying to figure out what kind of evidence we can use to prove she's been here the entire time.

I figure the best thing people can do would be to begin gathering evidence that proves they have never exited the country. It sounds like a pain, but, in my opinion, there's no point in waiting until the final requirements will come down. Right now the Sentate's bill has only a two year residency requirement, but I figure it could potentially increase once the two houses go to conference and produce a bill. So, it only makes sense to try to gather evidence for the length of one's U.S. residency.

These are a few things I gathered from different sorces

Evidence that you were present December 31,2011

Proof of tax filing (as many as 5 years back, just in case)

They might want a paper every 3 months from January 2012 to present time

Continuos presence from the day you stepped on US soil ( 1 proof each year till 2010)