Sign in to follow this  
jangsungho3

Daca Approval Using Stolen Ssn

Hi, new to the forum.  My apologies if this has been answered.  

Will my DACA application be denied if I submit my W-2s, which contain a

stolen social security number, to prove my 5 year continuous residence status?

I have seen yes and no answers all over the internet and was hoping to get

feedback from those who have actually been in this situation.

thanks

Hard to say. When you say stolen, do you mean it was REAL social that belongs to a REAL person? or one you made up and it doesn't belong to any one? This is something a lawyer could advice you, and if you submit this info you could be investigated for fraud.

Yes it was a stolen number.  After further thought it probably doesn't matter since the whole purpose of DACA is to document illegal workers, i.e. those working under false SSN, and provide them a way to obtain a real SSN of their own.  So the very act of applying for DACA implies you do not have a SSN of your own. 

Does your check stub show the whole number? Or does it x out the last 4 digits? A lot of the times even made up numbers for fake ones end up being other people's but the age and name and other personal information is what prevents identity theft. You can send bank statements instead if it makes you feel more comfortable.

This is what I sent

Since I was already 30, I had to send more continuous presence evidence ( in chronological order photos on the front, check next, then the completed forms, etc. ). Most of it was school ids and papers, bank statements, immunization cards, doctors papers, rent contracts,

10. I sent one proof of every year from 1989-2006 (this also showed I was 15 to prove I was her before I was 16)

9.  Proof of June 15, 2007 I sent something that showed the closest, (3 days before and a 5 days after)

8.  Proof every 3 months from October 2007 to march 2012 (if you are just sending you application, you need send one proof every trimester of 2013 as well and we are currently on the third trimester)

7.  Proof of June 15, 2012  here I had a bank statement that showed my transactions on that day

6.  High school Diploma

5.  Birth certificate with notirized translation ( I'll try to post an example of the translation and anyone  who is bilingual other than you can translated and notirize it).

4.  Passport and other school ID's 

3.  Forms I-821D, I-765, I-765ws, G-1145 

2.  Cashiers check of $465 made out to US DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY

1.  2 passport photos 

My check stub shows the whole number.  I find it hard to believe that out of the over 300k approved DACA applications, not one person

sent in W-2s with a fake/stolen SSN to prove the residency requirement.  I would prefer to send in my bank statements but I unfortunately am missing years 2008-2009 because I opened my account in 2010. 

I sent my w-2's that had my itin number on it. But my pay stubs had my fake (made up) social security number on them. I was approved with no problems and in less than 2 months. I guess I got lucky.

Yes I did.  My check stub shows only the last 4 digits of the fake ss number I worked with.  I also had bank statements but the lady who helped me fill up the application  said they weren't necessary.  I sent copies of my incomes taxes from '07 to '12 and pay stubs as well.