Sign in to follow this  
Nancy Mora

Itin #s And New Ssn

Hi guys i wanted to know if any of you have done this i was reading on a website that we have to send a letter to the IRS asking that all tax records be put on our new SSN has anyone done this? How would we file taxes this coming year if for example like me i worked earlier this year with a fake ssn how would that credit be passed or can it be passed? Has anyone done this before?

Sent Application : November 30,2012

Receipt notice: December 4,2012

Biometrics Appointment: December 27,2013

Approved: September 12,2013

Well if its not eligible for employment once you receive your approved DACA application you will get a SSN tthat is valid for employment and belongs to you. Any tie you have with a SSN thats not valid should be disregarded once you get your application

I have a ssn my parents go it for me...it says not valid for employment. ..am I gona be able to keep this number?

Once you get an SSN, it sticks with you. You will keep the same number, but your status will obviously change, so you will get a new SSN card with different wording.

Jose is right... I had a social security number that my parents got me for a trust fund but was not valid to work. So, with the EAD, the social security administration activated it to be valid to work with employment authorization :)