dorlicia1011

Why Is It Taking Soo Long ?!?

hi my name is dory and i applied for daca and on november 5 2012 they recived my application and on november 15 2012 i got my appointment for december 6 2012 to get my biometrics taken and since then i havent received anything .

- ive never been arrested let alone had any felony charges .

- i did get kicked out of high school on january 2012 but around october i stated being homed schooled before i applied and i sent the letter from the guidence counsler saying that she approved that i will be home school due to the fact that i had my baby on october and i came here when i was two almost three so you can say ive been here my whole life .

- i'm single never married with just one kid i dont if maybe thats why i havent recieved anything

- i am about to turn 19 this november

- i graduate through online classes and got the GED and graduated on july 29 2013

- ive called every month twice a month for an update and they sent my message to uscis and all they do is sent me there little cute message that say your case is still pendening !!!

- i check the case status everyday !!!!

and nothing.....

this november will make a year that i applied for the defered action

all im just waiting for is for an answer so i can start college and get my career and get far in life as a single teen mother its fustruated nothing being able to work or go to school and still being at your parents house not because i want to but because i cant do anything more ....

everyone i known who has applied has got approved alomst right away like maxium 6 months !!!

am i the only one going thur this as well ?!?

or can help me to why i havent been approved ?!?

anything will help !!

Do you know if your congress rep. Is pro daca. If they are try contacting them so they can look into your case. I was on my 8th month and about a week, week and a half later I was approved. Out of the blue so I do think she helped me.

The area where you live has a congresswoman/congressmen. You can look it up online by zip code. If they are pro daca they can look into why its taking so long. I went to my congress woman's office and a week and a half later I was approved after waiting such a long time. ( political influence) but they have to be pro daca or they will not help you.

Go to her web page and there should be a section that tells you where she stands on current issues if she is pro daca give them a call. Let them know that you application is past the time frame. If they are near you, you can go into the office and will talk to you and take copies of you letters from uscis. They will handle the rest :)

I just got approved on Monday. I'm waiting on my EAD. I just checked my status online and it has a tracking number and a link to see Where you card is. It also says that it went out today and that I should get it on sat. After I contacted my congresswoman everything moved so fast.

well congrads omg i really do hope it works for me as well so yesterday i went to see her but she wasnt there but i filled out a packet explaining everything and left copies of the letters USCIS sent me and so we will see if it works :) lycky she is like completly supportive of DACA !!!

Nice! Sorry I've been away from my computer and using my phone. But if you go to WWW.uscis.gov there is a box on the upper left that says check case status. Type in your recipt number and that's it. Hopefully you hear something very soon!!! :)

So now my applictions says

"on October 15,2013,your address was changed relating to the I821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals that you filed..."

what does that mean ?!?

could it be that my congress woman did something ?!

becausr i didnt move or anything ?!??

my husband applied on november too and he is still waiting. mine took 6 months. they send alot of november application to another agency for background checks and put all those cases on hold. i hope they aprove you soon.

unfortunately the congress man in my district is not pro daca im wondering if theres sometning I can do please help me I been waiting for a year now.

october 2012 and still waiting i got my 60 day letter and nothing, yesterday i got another letter saying "our records show that your I821 case is pending adjudication we regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time."