Sign in to follow this  
ツ alejandriiukz ㋡

Biometrics Appointment ID

You MUST bring the following materials to your biometrics appointment, or processing of your Form I-765 will NOT be completed at your scheduled time:

• Biometrics appointment notice.
  • Photo Identification. Acceptable kinds of photo identification are:

Passport or national photo identification issued by your country, or

Driver’s license, or

State-issued photo identification card.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=9059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=b3be194d3e88d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

I don't think it has to be valid, but it also has to have a somewhat recent picture of yourself. I'm not sure they will accept a passport with a child photo of yourself.

Do you have a matricula consular?

You don't necessarily need a passport. The Matricula consular will also work. I suggest you get a passport or Matricula because I'm not sure if your passport or visa from when you were 9 will be accepted for the Biometrics.

Yeah, give them a call and ask them if what you have is okay for the Biometrics.

If they say that you need something recent, call the consulate. There is a number that you have to dial to make an appointment, you can ask them if they have any mobile locations available. The consulate was going to be setting up mobile locations to help out the people that are applying for deferred action.

That's where I got my matricula, they had everything set up inside a furniture store and it was much faster than the permanent location.

I called the consulate in NY and they gave me an appointment to get an emergency passport on October 11th.. they said there was no available spots open any sooner.

This is sad, I wonder why they call it emergency passport when it takes over 2 months to get an appointment.

I'm sure you can call them and ask them to postpone the appointment if you need to.

I called the consulate in NY and they gave me an appointment to get an emergency passport on October 11th.. they said there was no available spots open any sooner.

This is sad, I wonder why they call it emergency passport when it takes over 2 months to get an appointment.

Yeah, Passports take longer to obtain. That's why I got my matricula consular instead, you can also use it for the Biometrics appointment. I got my appointment 3 days later and got it the same day, it only took about an hour and a half.

I havent noticed anyone getting their biometrics appointment, but if so, good for them...I hope we all receive ours soon. I'll be using my "matricula consular"..

I'm sure you can call them and ask them to postpone the appointment if you need to.

Yeah, Passports take longer to obtain. That's why I got my matricula consular instead, you can also use it for the Biometrics appointment. I got my appointment 3 days later and got it the same day, it only took about an hour and a half.

Unfortunately that for my country takes over 6 months, so a passport is the fastest to get. =/

I havent noticed anyone getting their biometrics appointment, but if so, good for them...I hope we all receive ours soon. I'll be using my "matricula consular"..

Mayra and Luckystar got theirs :)

Today I got the email and text of the letter of acceptance :)

I have a question. Will my old ID work for the biometrics if it was issued long time ago and expired like 10 years ago. My picture there is nothing like I look today.