Sign in to follow this  
itzel

By what month will we be able to work, after doing biometrics?

What month do you all think we'll finally be able to work, this is after the biometrics are done?

Im crossing my finger for Thanksgiving 2012 (November 2012)

Let's all hope before 2013. :D I'm sure if your good and all, it won't take that long. I'm sure USCIS doesn't wanna take that long with getting everyone going... I'm seeing a fast transactions so that's a good sign.

I'm hoping by novemeber as well. One can go to the uscis website and look at the processing time for the I-765. In Nebraska*, its saying about 3 months to process the I-765

yeah, but the 90 day period for adjudicating I765, filed together with I821d, doesnt begin until DHS has decided to defer action in our cases :mellow:

I found this on the instructions for the I765, page 5.

so wait, once we do our appointment, what happens next? we have to wait like how many months to receive the EAD?

I'm not entirely sure about the whole process, but I think that after you go in for Biometrics, the prints and photographs will be sent to the FBI, then, the results will be sent to DHS, then they decide whether to grant deferred action to you or not. That process might take a couple weeks to take a month, then comes the EAD, which can take anywhere between 30 - 90 days.

in the ASC appintment notice it says both I821D -I765 im thinking that theyre together, so maybe itll take less than expected? im hoping that after we go to this appointment, itll take 1-2 months to receive the EAD permit. then itll take an extra 2 weeks to get a ssn.

I agree Rawf but even with the background checks coming out clear, they still have to approve the i821 and the "evidence" that was sent in is valid or sufficient for them..