JoseG

How to obtain a Social Security Number after DACA Approval

Once i get approved and go get my ssn, how long do i have to wait until i get my ssn?

If everything goes right, you should have your SSN within a week. Two weeks at the most.

If asked in the social security office if I ever worked ?? What should i respond if i did worked..... Have they asked anyone of you guys that question....

If asked in the social security office if I ever worked ?? What should i respond if i did worked..... Have they asked anyone of you guys that question....

Just respond "No" to all of their answers, I doubt the questions affect you in any way. If you've never used a real SSN to work, I would answer No.

but wouldnt i be lying ... and do they have any info about us working with a fake one

If you have used a real SSN issued to you by the SSA to work, then answer yes.

Karenrivera don't stress out. At the social securi office they won't as you any questions. They don't even care or ask I you have been working. All they do is asking you to write your name and adress in a paper and that is all. They tell you that you will get your social in 10days you will be out in like 5 min.

Hey could i apply for the ssn with just my approval receipt and my acc i.d.?

No, you need to take the EAD and a passport or birth certificate.

You can fill out the application at home and print it, or fill it in at the SSA office.

http://www.socialsec...online/ss-5.pdf

Find your nearest SSA office

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps6z/FOLO/fo001.jsp

http://www.ssa.gov/p...rred_action.pdf

ddddgi.png

Reposting since on your mobile phone it takes you to the last page and you have to go back manually one page at a time

I have a question on the application it says citizenship : US CITIZEN, LEGAL ALIEN ALLOWED TO WORK, LEGAL ALIEN NOT ALLOWED TO WORK, AND OTHER. We would choose other right because we have our document which is EAD

I have a question on the application it says citizenship : US CITIZEN, LEGAL ALIEN ALLOWED TO WORK, LEGAL ALIEN NOT ALLOWED TO WORK, AND OTHER. We would choose other right because we have our document which is EAD

Legal Alien Allowed To Work. 

The EAD is work authorization.

I when's right away

i was thinking if waiting like 10 days to get my social cuz i have seen that some people have had trouble getting theirs if they go right away but i don't now

i waited like 10 days, but it took me 4 weeks to get my social

some people say you wait minutes to apply.

first time i went i had, to wait 2.5 hours (went monday at around noon)

went back 3 weeks later, because i had not received it. waited 1 hour this time (thursday, opening time).

Cool post. Thanks, regarding the foreign birth certificate, do they mean the original birth certificate or the translated certified copy we have?Ill be bringing both in just in case and as soon as I get my work permit Ill be applying for a TX ID, just to make any type of paperwork go by easier...

Please check out my question, you seem to help out a lot of ppl.

http://adreamact.com/topic/2905-filling-out-the-daca-application/