Sign in to follow this  
JoseG

Walk-ins before Biometrics appointment date

So I was doing some snooping around at another forum related to DACA and I saw that several people already have their EAD in process. They said that when they got their Biometrics appointment, they walked-in to the USCIS location and they were allowed to take their Biometrics earlier, before their appointment date.

If I lived closer to my ASC location I would probably try to do the same, but it's 40 minutes away. After I get my Biometrics appointment I will probably give the ASC office a call to see if they will let me walk-in before my appointment. What do you guys think?

I'm not sure to believe that people actually did this. I mean, we're talking about a major U.S entity here (USCIS) when they tell you something or give you directions, you do it. That's my opinion. I will be patient and do everything accordingly.

I'm not sure to believe that people actually did this. I mean, we're talking about a major U.S entity here (USCIS) when they tell you something or give you directions, you do it. That's my opinion. I will be patient and do everything accordingly.

The ASC where we will be going to get the Biometrics done is ran and operated by USCIS. They would know if it's not right to get your Biometrics done earlier, they do that stuff for a living. I just thought I'd let you guys know that some people said they have walked-in before their appointment and got the Biometrics done earlier.

I'm not saying that everyone should try it, or that it's the right thing to do, I'm just putting it out there that some have tried it, and it has worked for them and they are getting their EAD earlier. The worst that can happen is they tell you to wait for your appointment.

well, im going to try calling tomorrow to see if this is true, i mean, it wouldnt hurt to atleast try.

They might tell you no, because it is over the phone, but give them a call if you already have your Biometrics appointment and just tell them that you were wondering if you can get them done earlier since you have time to do it now.

Sounds good, but Im with Aled on this one..this is a bad example, but this is how I see it, its like getting chemotherapy before being diagnosed with cancer.

I think its better to just follow USCIS instructions, I wouldnt want to do that so that I wouldnt seem overeager. I believe these type of processes require following the instructions exactly as they are, not improvising. Thats just me, but I respect if others do it differently, to each their own.

I don't know how much I believe that people were just able to "walk in" and get their biometrics done. Its not the DMV.

If someone just even has a question and they want to go to a USCIS office, the have to make an appointment.

I think they would look at you like "where are you here?" Where is your appt letter or notice?

I don't know how much I believe that people were just able to "walk in" and get their biometrics done. Its not the DMV.

If someone just even has a question and they want to go to a USCIS office, the have to make an appointment.

I think they would look at you like "where are you here?" Where is your appt letter or notice?

What I meant to say is that people say that they have gone in for their Biometrics with their appointment letter in hand.

Even if they have the letter in hand, the letter states a specific day and time to go in, why go in and seem over eager and risk being turned away? Ive always believed that rules/laws/regulations/guidelines are there for a reason. They are placed so that they may be followed, not as a decorative purpose.

The Biometrics appointment is scheduled 14 days in advance to give you time to get permission from work, etc. If you already have time to do it sooner to get your case moving, why not?

If the ASC let's you and there is no problem, I don't see what's so bad about it.

Take this as an example, you are at work and your boss gives you a list of chores and tells you, at 2:00 pm I want you to drop everything you're doing and throw out the trash. If you finish your chores before the time comes, are you just going to sit around and do nothing until the time comes? Of course not, if you have finished everything else, do it and move on to the next thing.

At least that's how I see it. It's not like your going in there and demanding that they take your Biometrics. If they allow you to take the Biometrics earlier, why not?

As I said before, to each their own. I personally like to follow the directions on the letter of biometrics. The main word here is IF, they accept you earlier. Yes, there is a chance of being taken earlier but theres also the chance of being turned away. I personallly, wont be doing that. But, if you do that, I hope they do take you in and wish you good luck with that.

Sure they can just tell you to come back on your appointment date, you won't lose anything, you can only win. This is mostly for the people that live close by to their ASC office and can stop by and ask if they can take them earlier. If not, they will just go back on their appointment date. I would post the link for you to the other forums where people are already getting their EAD sent to them because they went in earlier for their Biometrics, but I don't think posting the link would be right.

I will probably be calling in and asking them if my sister and I can go in at the same date because I sent her forms 2 days later and she will most likely get a different appointment date because it is too far to drive down there twice.

If it was an hour ago I read this, I wouldn't have believed some ppl did a walk-in session but now it makes sense.....some ppl are getting their DACA approval letters next week..

EDIT:

I actually just did some searches on the walk-ins and it seems like that's perfectly possible.

It is, and it's not like it's something out of this world that can get you in trouble. You can simply go to the office with your appointment letter and ask if you can get them done. If they aren't super busy they will probably let you do it and save yourself 2 weeks of waiting. If not, you just come back on your appointment date.

Yea. It seems like nothing will get you in trouble by doing that. Not a big deal if they can't take you in, you can come back later.

And the possibility of them letting you do it earlier is greater because they were expecting over 200,000 people to apply during the first month, and only 75,000 applied, so they won't be too busy.

I would be nervous about USCIS not canceling the appointment they gave me and then marking me down as having missed it. I see the appeal of going early but I would rather avoid any confusion on my case. It's only 2-3 weeks... If the appointment was 6 months down the road, it would be worth it but it's not that long of a wait. We've waited so many years... just a matter of time now! Do it right!

I would be nervous about USCIS not canceling the appointment they gave me and then marking me down as having missed it. I see the appeal of going early but I would rather avoid any confusion on my case. It's only 2-3 weeks... If the appointment was 6 months down the road, it would be worth it but it's not that long of a wait. We've waited so many years... just a matter of time now! Do it right!

I agree! Plus your application went through extremely fast, how did you do it? :o

Yea it looks like there's no problem doing it earlier than the appt. date but I'm still kinda impressed that the applications are being processed pretty fast.

I agree! Plus your application went through extremely fast, how did you do it? :o

No idea! I had a lawyer fill it out and send it for me but I did see every single thing that went in there. He said that they want quick, straight to the point and efficient packets considering they have a ton to go through. I haven't received my actual I-797 C Notice of Action though. I got a text and an e-mail. I think they're moving faster than they can send things out because of the lower number of expected applicants. Have you sent yours out Nuvi?

Even if they have the letter in hand, the letter states a specific day and time to go in, why go in and seem over eager and risk being turned away? Ive always believed that rules/laws/regulations/guidelines are there for a reason. They are placed so that they may be followed, not as a decorative purpose.

Exactly, I agree with you on this.