Sign in to follow this  
MydreamRN

I-765 question #9

New - Q9. How should I fill out question nine (9) on the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

A9. When you are filing a Form I-765 as part of a Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals request, question nine (9) is asking you to list those Social Security numbers that were officially issued to you by the Social Security Administration.

Do not list any socials, unless they were granted to you by the Social Security Administration. In other words, fake and made-up ones should not be listed.

I put mine in my application because Ive never used it to work and if I didnt list it, I didnt want it to seem like I was hiding anything, because itll come out in the background check...

When you fill a legal form, the lines that does not apply to you shouldn't be left blank.

There are a lot of things in the instructions that aren't being followed. You don't follow every law, do you? You follow the attorney's advice if you want, or you go your own way.

You won't get denied because you left it blank or used not applicable.

N/A is a safe way to prevent someone from adding information to your application that you did not put in, leaving it blank you risk someone adding dangerous information.