Bee1989

For anyone who already have taken their biometrics test, what should we expect?

Hmm...What service center did you go to?

What country are you from?

I live in bakersfield california. There's a center here... Like 5 mins away from my house so good thing it's not far. But bad thing is now i have to pay $101 for a passport :/ Hopefully someone cancels tomorrow and I can get it tomorrow if not I will have to wait another week. UGH

I dont see why they wont take your "matricula" it states in the biometrics notice that a national id is allowed and a "matricula" would be considered a national id because it was issued by another country.

I dont see why they wont take your "matricula" it states in the biometrics notice that a national id is allowed and a "matricula" would be considered a national id because it was issued by another country.

I don't either, And it's not even expired SMH :angry:

I think it just depends on what center you go too.

Looks like it and just to get you to spend more money..sorry about that Millie..hope it goes well for you and quickly too...

That sucks. Hopefully they aren't just doing it to give you a hard time. Surely USCIS doesn't expect everyone to get a passport as that can take a long time for some countries to give them out.

I actually called the consulate and the guy who answered wanted the name of who ever did not accept my matricula. He seemed a little upset. I have to go meet him at the consule office tomorrow.

Hopefully he will be able to track down the person who denied your identification, your matricula should be accepted as long as it is not expired!

I'm going with my sister to see if ours is accepted, passport has an old photo from when I was 13 and the matricula has a photo from when I was 16.. hopefully it will be accepted.

Hopefully he will be able to track down the person who denied your identification, your matricula should be accepted as long as it is not expired!

I'm going with my sister to see if ours is accepted, passport has an old photo from when I was 13 and the matricula has a photo from when I was 16.. hopefully it will be accepted.

Yeah, As from the posts I read most centers are accepting the matricula, or passport.

Well hopefully I resolve this tomorrow and don't have to spend $100 on the passport Lol.

You should also call USCIS and ask them if the Matricula Consular is accepted as a form of ID for your Biometrics. If they say yes, tell them that the ASC you went to didn't take your Matricula even though it was valid.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about that.

You should also call USCIS and ask them if the Matricula Consular is accepted as a form of ID for your Biometrics. If they say yes, tell them that the ASC you went to didn't take your Matricula even though it was valid.

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say about that.

I'm sure whoever is in charge will be furious as they don't want someone to sue the USCIS for racism. A scandal wouldn't do any good, specially now that they are dealing with many ethnicities more than ever.

I'm sure whoever is in charge will be furious as they don't want someone to sue the USCIS for racism. A scandal wouldn't do any good, specially now that they are dealing with many ethnicities more than ever.

If that ASC is rejecting people for trying to us their Matricula, they need to be told that it is an acceptable form of ID for the purposes of the Biometrics appointment.

I had mine done Sept. 11, 2012 in Santa Ana, CA. My scheduled appointment date is Sept. 27,2012, I did a very successful early walk in.

Make sure to bring your appointment letter, whether you are doing an early walk in, or appointed schedule. Also, make sure you keep and have the Appointment Biometrics letter stamped before you leave.

Expect fingerprinting and them taking a photo of you.

Good luck Millie and I would also stress out that on the biometrics appointment letter it says national id, which is interpreted as a valid government issued id.

Yeah, As from the posts I read most centers are accepting the matricula, or passport.

Well hopefully I resolve this tomorrow and don't have to spend $100 on the passport Lol.

I think the officer that took care of you was just being a punk...

Millie, i got my passport done last month at a mobile consulate that the mexican consulate had in my area. well, more like 40 mins away but it was better then nothing at the time.

i had an appt for my passport at 12pm and got there at 11:30am and was told that they were barely taken the 9:00am appts. :(

i did notice however, that there was a few people who pushed their way through the line and got their passport.

It took all day for it to get done. Arrived at 11:30am and left after 6:00pm.

I would see if you cant just show up to where they are having the passports done and see if you cant "push" your way through the line.

Good Luck :)

Millie, i got my passport done last month at a mobile consulate that the mexican consulate had in my area. well, more like 40 mins away but it was better then nothing at the time.

i had an appt for my passport at 12pm and got there at 11:30am and was told that they were barely taken the 9:00am appts. :(

i did notice however, that there was a few people who pushed their way through the line and got their passport.

It took all day for it to get done. Arrived at 11:30am and left after 6:00pm.

I would see if you cant just show up to where they are having the passports done and see if you cant "push" your way through the line.

Good Luck :)

The mobile service comes to my city every tuesday, I called and all appointments were full. But i didn't want to wait till next tuesday so I showed up anyway and got my passport :) didn't take to long. Got there at 10am left at 1pm. I will be taking my biometrics tomorrow :)

I think the officer that took care of you was just being a punk...

I didn't even see an officer there. He was in the back somewhere lol, a lady that worked there is the one that told me. I did end up getting a passport just to get all this over with, I'll be going to take my fingerprints tomorrow

I try to walkin the one in 201 Varick Street #1023 NYC around 3:45 pm, the supervisor said to me who told you to come here for a walkin. I said to him people online has try to go to "varick" for walkin. He reject me, I say I have work on my appointment date. He say you can call and change it.

You know the center is "NO" one there, why he not let me do it. I am going to try the one in Jamaica this Friday.

I try to walkin the one in 201 Varick Street #1023 NYC around 3:45 pm, the supervisor said to me who told you to come here for a walkin. I said to him people online has try to go to "varick" for walkin. He reject me, I say I have work on my appointment date. He say you can call and change it.

You know the center is "NO" one there, why he not let me do it. I am going to try the one in Jamaica this Friday.

There are few locations that don't let people walk-in no matter what.

Luckily my ASC has been accepting Dreamers for walk-ins. Hopefully I can go this Friday.

Thanks HarikaTuzun! It's great to have an idea of what to expect. MillieP, I'm sorry! Thank stinks. Good luck getting your passport ASAP! Apparently consulate IDs are completely useless. My lawyer didn't even send it in with my application. Passports and Mass IDs, if you were able to have one for some reason, only.

I don't see why he wouldn't send your Matricula. In the instructions it says that you can send in an ID from your country to prove your identity, that's what the Matricula is, it is issued by the Mexican Government. It can also be used for the Biometrics.

I went in to take my biometrics today! :D And the security there was very helpfull. He asked if I had my receipt paper and I said yes that I had the two envelopes one stating they received my application and one stating I made payment.

Because I brought those two he said I was able to do two things at once and will make my application run faster :)

I got my fingersprints taken and picture.. Lady asked if I was satisfied with the pic since that was going to be on the card they will be mailing.

Once I was done she reminded me that I was going to receive another appointment notice in the mail but she said to ignore it since I did both things today. So I asked if that was it, if I had to come in again. And she said nope now I just gotta wait for my card in the mail.

I went in to take my biometrics today! :D And the security there was very helpfull. He asked if I had my receipt paper and I said yes that I had the two envelopes one stating they received my application and one stating I made payment.

Because I brought those two he said I was able to do two things at once and will make my application run faster :)

I got my fingersprints taken and picture.. Lady asked if I was satisfied with the pic since that was going to be on the card they will be mailing.

Once I was done she reminded me that I was going to receive another appointment notice in the mail but she said to ignore it since I did both things today. So I asked if that was it, if I had to come in again. And she said nope now I just gotta wait for my card in the mail.

That's great news Millie! So glad you got it done.