Bee1989

For anyone who already have taken their biometrics test, what should we expect?

Good for you Millie and I didnt understand what you meant with two things at once...

Thank you.

And what I ment was that the security guard there and lady that did my fingerprints said that we will be receiving another letter in the mail with another appointment to the ASC center to take in both receipt notices that uscis mailed. Since I had the notices with me they went ahead and did both things at once and I won't have to come in to the second appointment.

Thank you.

And what I ment was that the security guard there and lady that did my fingerprints said that we will be receiving another letter in the mail with another appointment to the ASC center to take in both receipt notices that uscis mailed. Since I had the notices with me they went ahead and did both things at once and I won't have to come in to the second appointment.

Really?

The people that have been approved didn't have to do that. Everyone has been going in for one appointment only. This is the first time I've heard of that. :blink:

Thank you :)

hmmm, I thought those two notices were for everybody to keep, after all they are receipts. It doesn't make sense to me that the asc would want to schedule people again just to return those two receipts... But okayy

Hey guys....after reading all that i'm worried. yikes! i was wondering if i could use my college ID as a form of identification given that my passport is expired. I mean other than that I really have nothing else.

Hey guys....after reading all that i'm worried. yikes! i was wondering if i could use my college ID as a form of identification given that my passport is expired. I mean other than that I really have nothing else.

It all comes down the ASC that you will be assigned to for your Biometrics. Some are more lenient than others. As you can see, MillieP couldn't use her Mexican ID (Matricula) which is supposed to be accepted for the Biometrics because it is an ID issued to her by her country, but I've also read others have used their College ID successfully.

The best thing would be to try to go to your ASC and see if you can do a walk-in before the date of your appointment to see if they will accept your College ID. I would suggest you take your passport and birth certificate also, just in case.

I just called USCIS and asked them if I could bring a college ID there...they said yes...so i'm crossing my fingers! Hope it works out tomorrow morning!

I was asked if I was enrolled in school when I went to the ASC Office today, so a college ID should be good.

Really?

The people that have been approved didn't have to do that. Everyone has been going in for one appointment only. This is the first time I've heard of that. :blink:

Hmm well that's what they told me. When you go to your biometrics app if they don't ask for those papers you should ask them yourself. Just ask if they need to see them.

hmmm, I thought those two notices were for everybody to keep, after all they are receipts. It doesn't make sense to me that the asc would want to schedule people again just to return those two receipts... But okayy

I got them back, they didn't keep them. I guess maybe ASC wants to make sure you paid for the biometrics ..

I got them back, they didn't keep them. I guess maybe ASC wants to make sure you paid for the biometrics ..

When I went to the ASC office today, all they asked was for the appointment letter. They didn't want any other paper.

The officer took the letter and passport to some office, I assume for verification it is indeed valid and not fake.

When I went to the ASC office today, all they asked was for the appointment letter. They didn't want any other paper.

The officer took the letter and passport to some office, I assume for verification it is indeed valid and not fake.

Yeah once I got there all he asked was for the appointment letter and passport and took it to the back than he came back and asked if I had the receipt notice and I said yes that I had the other two envelopes I received. And he said great and took them to the back as well.. Then he called me to his desk and told me how it was a good thing I brought them because that will make the process go faster since I wouldn't have to come in again even tho he would love to see me again.. LOL :rolleyes:

It also might be because the office in my city is always empty and never busy, I was the only one there.

An attorney told me you can do a walk-in before you get your biometric letter with the two receipts. The worst thing they can do is tell you to come back on your appointment time. That's something you can do without getting in a trouble, although I doubt I will do that myself.

According the thread on on your signature section your appointment is October 5th. Did you do the walk-in? Did it go well?

Walked in today at the ASC in Riverside, Security asked me if I had an appointment. I didn't tell her anything, I just gave her my Biometrics letter, she looked at it and asked me for ID, I gave her my Matricula Consular. She then gave me a clipboard with a sheet on it and told me to fill it out and wait for my number to be called. There were only about 6 people in there, got done in less than 15 minutes. No problems at all.

For anyone in the Southern Cal. area, at the ASC in Riverside, CA. I did a walk-in( 2 weeks before appointment), and they took me in without hesitation. They have fast and friendly service. I walked in with my Matricula and they didn't question it. The only down side was they seemed unsure of how to handle DACA noitices. The receptionist looked at my biometrics notice and was perplexed because it said "case type: I821D" and it also referenced my I-765, so they weren't unsure if I was taking biometrics for I-821D or I-765. I was taken to see the supervisor, twice, and overall they took my prints, pic, and signature. Hopefully all went well. I called the National hotline and after speaking to several representatives, some are more informed than others, I got some answers. They said that the biometrics are for employement authorization, they said the applicantions are inter-connected, that way if we get cleared it makes it easier to produce the EAD as soon as possible.

I also think its only one appointment for hte biometrics for both i821d and i765..why would you go back and do it twice..it isnt like your fingerprints changed..

Just got back from my biometrics in Boston!

My appointment was at 10 AM but I left my house super early so there was no chance I'd be late and got there at 9:15 AM. I got in line and just let them know I was really early (girl in front of my was late but they didn't care at all) and he said I could go ahead anyway. Everyone was super, super friendly and helpful. I gave him my biometrics notice and told him I had the other forms but he said all he needed was the biometrics notice (thanks for posting about that! I brought them just in case).

It wasn't very full at all, probably about 7 or 8 people. I filled out the top half of the form they ask you to do (weight, height, eye and hair color, etc.) and as soon as I was done, they took me in for fingerprints and photo. Then the lady said, "You're done! Good luck!" and I went around asking everyone on my way out if I was really done lol Was back outside of the building at 9:33 AM. 18 minutes from arrival to departure.

So easy and no one there gave me a hard time... if anything, everyone was really nice. None of that uptight government official vibe.

Just got back from my biometrics in Boston!

My appointment was at 10 AM but I left my house super early so there was no chance I'd be late and got there at 9:15 AM. I got in line and just let them know I was really early (girl in front of my was late but they didn't care at all) and he said I could go ahead anyway. Everyone was super, super friendly and helpful. I gave him my biometrics notice and told him I had the other forms but he said all he needed was the biometrics notice (thanks for posting about that! I brought them just in case).

It wasn't very full at all, probably about 7 or 8 people. I filled out the top half of the form they ask you to do (weight, height, eye and hair color, etc.) and as soon as I was done, they took me in for fingerprints and photo. Then the lady said, "You're done! Good luck!" and I went around asking everyone on my way out if I was really done lol Was back outside of the building at 9:33 AM. 18 minutes from arrival to departure.

So easy and no one there gave me a hard time... if anything, everyone was really nice. None of that uptight government official vibe.

When I went to ask a few questions the security person was very friendly and the rest also looked friendly. Glad you didn't have any problems!

Now it is time to wait :)