Sign in to follow this  
itzel

If your MO or check that you sent to USCIS was cashed/cleared, does that mean you were approved?

I have a little concern.

All of us who applied for DACA had to send in payment for this process. My question is, if your MO or check were cashed/cleared, is it safe to assume that your application was approved?

If it was cashed then, did they send out your biometric appointment or are about to, if you havent received it?

Im happy for all of you whove received your appointments and hope that I can receive mine soon too.

The reason I ask these questions is because if USCIS did cash/clear the payment, then that means we're approved, no?

I mean, why would they cash something if you'll be denied??

Any thoughts on this?

I don't think so.

They cash your payment before the Biometrics. When they send you the Biometrics appointment letter, they can request that you bring in extra documents, which means that you aren't approved yet, but your money is gone.

After the Biometrics, they take one last look at your application, then they make a decision. They will cash your Money Order or Check regardless if you are approved or not.

Itzel, it is strange that you haven't gotten your Biometrics Appointment.

I suggest you to call your local ASC Office and ask if there is an appointment pending for you, it's been almost 20+ days right? Most people get it within a week.

And your application is checked twice like they announced.

The first time is when the check is cashed and your processing begins. If your case is approved, the money is cashed. If not, the money is returned because the process cannot continue.

Good luck and I'm crossing my fingers for you to get the biometrics appointment this week :)