Sign in to follow this  
ceaguila

Continous presence 2007-june 2012

I have a doubt. For this exhibit i've included univerisy transcripts, bank statements and a few receipts that cover presence from august 2007 to August 2012. Also expired working permit issued in september 2007; however, i have a gap from january to july 2007. Everything else prior and after is covered. Should i be concerned and try to look for something june 2007? I dont think i have anythig :(

Do you have anything at all, that dates back to late 2006? Maybe something from December of 2006?

I have a doubt. For this exhibit i've included univerisy transcripts, bank statements and a few receipts that cover presence from august 2007 to August 2012. Also expired working permit issued in september 2007; however, i have a gap from january to july 2007. Everything else prior and after is covered. Should i be concerned and try to look for something june 2007? I dont think i have anythig :(

It advisable to gather as much proof as you can to prove to them continuous presence of five years.The last thing you want is to send in your application to later receive a notice from USCIS letting you know you lack evidence and that you have to provide more.

People have done what they can to show physical presence during those five years. Try digging a little deeper to gather evidence. I've heard of people using dated photographs of places in the U.S. Marked and dated mail letters, receipts from online purchases, even facebook!!

If you simply cannot find anything at all for the seven month gap, I highly recommend you to contact an attorney to better advise you. As I mentioned; you don't want USCIS to send you a letter requesting more evidence.

Those can be extremely valuable as long as they have your name on them.

What I'm telling you is from a perspective of doing things safe, like I said, you don't want to receive a notice of RFE or request for evidence. As insignificant as anything you may have to show may seem, it is better to be safe than sorry.

oh I agree man, I don't want to get a rfe lol. What do you think about the amazon invoices? They show the date, address, name and payment amount.

oh and if you don't mind me asking? what did you send for yours to prove continuos residence?

So I just called Capital One and thank god they do have bank statements for 2007 including June. They're going to send that to me. This all I need and my package will be ready.

oh I agree man, I don't want to get a rfe lol. What do you think about the amazon invoices? They show the date, address, name and payment amount.

oh and if you don't mind me asking? what did you send for yours to prove continuos residence?

I sent a bunch of PayPal receipts from online purchases. They contain my name, the date, the address the items were delivered to and the amount paid.

I believe they count as "financial transactions"

I sent a bunch of PayPal receipts from online purchases. They contain my name, the date, the address the items were delivered to and the amount paid.

I believe they count as "financial transactions"

I actually sent the entire paypal record from 2007 and from then on, all the bank statements! It printed so many pages.. If you buy online a lot, you might have the proof needed.