Sign in to follow this  
HarikaTuzun

Prospective College DREAMERS

Hey Dreamers! :D

As our opportunities begin to grow with deferred action, I was wondering if any of you are high school seniors or are planning to pursue a college degree. I know we can't get federal financial aid, but can we qualify for work study programs or in-state tuition? What do you all plan to do to offset the cost of an inevitably high tuition rate?

Hi Harikatuzun,

Some states let you go to college without being legal in the country and pay in-state tuition. I myself enrolled and paying in-state tuition without any issues.

Before I started working my parents used to pay for college, but since I'm working I pay for it myself. I take as many classes as I can afford which is 2 to 4 classes depending on the credits.

I wish we could have financial aid, it would make things so much easier.

I'm thinking student bank loans will be able to use it after you get the ssn, the tricky part would be not letting them know about your 2 years work permit as that might get you denied.

Hi Harikatuzun,

Some states let you go to college without being legal in the country and pay in-state tuition. I myself enrolled and paying in-state tuition without any issues.

Before I started working my parents used to pay for college, but since I'm working I pay for it myself. I take as many classes as I can afford which is 2 to 4 classes depending on the credits.

I wish we could have financial aid, it would make things so much easier.

I'm thinking student bank loans will be able to use it after you get the ssn, the tricky part would be not letting them know about your 2 years work permit as that might get you denied.

I think you have to have gone to high school there to get in-state tuition, right? We don't have that in New Jersey :(

Student loans would definitely help, and I too am hoping we can get them. Hopefully federal student loans, since they'll be easier to pay back. Are you attending community or a 4-year?

I applied for in state tuition because TX is one the states that allows this with the Noriega BIll. Also, TX offers TASFA, which is similar to FAFSA but for people who are enrolling with aid of the Noriega Bill...

Thank God Im getting help from an aunt who will be paying my tuition and all I have to do is get good grades and take care of my books. Ill be working while going to school and hope to finish as quick as possible depending on my schedule and so forth...

Also there are websites with scholarships for persons in our "status"

Ive been on cappex.com, scholarshippoints.com, fastweb.com, collegeprowler.com, and moolahspot.com

You join these websites, create a profile with your info, majors even the status we have and theyll find the ones you qualify for..

Some of these scholarships only require an entry and some require essays or transcripts if ones already enrolled..

I applied for in state tuition because TX is one the states that allows this with the Noriega BIll. Also, TX offers TASFA, which is similar to FAFSA but for people who are enrolling with aid of the Noriega Bill...

Thank God Im getting help from an aunt who will be paying my tuition and all I have to do is get good grades and take care of my books. Ill be working while going to school and hope to finish as quick as possible depending on my schedule and so forth...

Also there are websites with scholarships for persons in our "status"

Ive been on cappex.com, scholarshippoints.com, fastweb.com, collegeprowler.com, and moolahspot.com

You join these websites, create a profile with your info, majors even the status we have and theyll find the ones you qualify for..

Some of these scholarships only require an entry and some require essays or transcripts if ones already enrolled..

Wow, you're lucky :) . My dad plans on paying for my entire college tuition, but I want to lighten the load. I made an account on fastweb and cappex and have been searching. They're both helpful sites!