Sign in to follow this  
itzel

Job Search after EAD arrives..

We're all waiting for the moment we receive our EADs and then apply for SS cards, ID, DL...but what about a job?

Most of us have worked under the table or even used a fake SS card..

Where will you apply for a job?

Will you be preparing a resume?

Going to school at the same time?

I have no previous job experiences...I have a SS# but its NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT..to me its just for decorative purposes..I never used it..

I have worked as an elderly caregiver, babysitter and cleaning homes...its not easy but its an honest work..

I have had experience in volunteering at different school districts in my city as a teacher aide, helping with small children and especially circulationa and organization in libraries..

Ill be listing those "experiences" in my resume. I will also add that Im fluent in English and Spanigh, speaking, reading, writing and translations.

I will be starting school in January and will pursue my associates degree in surgical technology. I have done a few basics and those courses will be added to my college plan....

I'm luck since I have an ITIN and been paying taxes for a while already. I already spoke with my boss about Deferred Action and the fact that I will have a SSN and EAD and he is happy for me. Actually he has helped me with with paying me full days the days I took off to fill my app and on my bio appointment. Not really worried about finding a job nor paying for college. Actually I am almost done with my associates degree and perhaps I will try to find a better paying job. But I wish everyone the best of luck with Deferred Action and the good opportunities that come with it ;)

I'm actually hired by an agency, but once I get the paper work done I will be able to work directly for the company (hopefully).

But if I can find a better paying job to live and afford college I will switch without thinking about it.