Sign in to follow this  
Cptshiza

Selective Service?

When i first met my lawyer and we talked about the DACA Application, he asked me if I signed up for SS. He also said that it doesn't matter if your documented or undocumented, you need to apply for it. It is "illegal" to not apply. If that makes sense.

Me personally, I have not signed up yet. I will do it sometime in the near future. :)

Wayyy back, I made a post about this If you search on the dream lounge section. I asked a lawyer in regards to this question and he said it wasn't necessary to be registered to selective service to apply for DACA. He said that if we get approved than you can get register.

Wayyy back, I made a post about this If you search on the dream lounge section. I asked a lawyer in regards to this question and he said it wasn't necessary to be registered to selective service to apply for DACA. He said that if we get approved than you can get register.

I remember that post, I'm pretty sure a lot of people have no idea that website exist and aren't registered in it.

It's pretty silly not signing up for the selective service, particularly when it's mandatory in order to obtain DREAM act benefits if you are a male--you'd also not be able to become a citizen or obtain financial aid.

2010 bill

7	  (8) MILITARY    SELECTIVE SERVICE.—An	    alien
8 applying for relief available under this subsection
9 shall establish that the alien has registered under
10 the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S.C. App.
11 451 et seq.), if the alien is subject to such registra-
12 tion under that Act.

It's pretty silly not signing up for the selective service, particularly when it's mandatory in order to obtain DREAM act benefits if you are a male--you'd also not be able to become a citizen or obtain financial aid.

2010 bill

7	 (8) MILITARY SELECTIVE SERVICE.—An	 alien
8 applying for relief available under this subsection
9 shall establish that the alien has registered under
10 the Military Selective Service Act (50 U.S.C. App.
11 451 et seq.), if the alien is subject to such registra-
12 tion under that Act.

Silly or not, I'm sure there are thousands of men not registered there.

Silly or not, I'm sure there are thousands of men not registered there.

Unfortunately having been undocumented is barely an excuse to be excused from not having signed up at the age when you were required to do so. If you live in TX, signing up for the selective service is obligatory before or while filling out your driver's license application. BTW, if there's a draft and you are able bodied, you'd still be sent to the battle ground xD

Unfortunately having been undocumented is barely an excuse to be excused from not having signed up at the age when you were required to do so. If you live in TX, signing up for the selective service is obligatory before or while filling out your driver's license application. BTW, if there's a draft and you are able bodied, you'd still be sent to the battle ground xD

Well considering most of us here if not all don't have a driver's license it's easy to see how we aren't signed up. Only recently having heard about it in relation to the DACA process.

Well considering most of us here if not all don't have a driver's license it's easy to see how we aren't signed up. Only recently having heard about it in relation to the DACA process.

Exactly this. Guest666 needs to double read what he/she is posting lately.