Luna

Biometrics Appointment Step by Step and what to Expect !

1- You will be asked to show your appointment and an identification with it, also they will make sure your phone is off. :huh:

2- They will give you a paper where they ask you general questions about yourself

whats your name ? address ?whats your height ? weight ? eye color? race ? phone number? birth date ? etc etc

3- On that same paper it will ask for you applications "numbers" and your "Alien number" the picture below below shows where to locate this numbers

in Red are the "application numbers" make sure you write down both of them and in Blue is your "Alien Number" yes people we are from out of space :D

4- once you are done filing out your paper work you will be sent to another desk, they will ask again for your identification and both papers, the one you filed out and the biometric appointment <_< i know i know.... On that same desk they will ask to see your hands front and back. They will return your biometrics appointment with a number attached to it, and a red stamp :unsure:.

5- Next they will send you to a waiting area ^_^ try to relax on this step, they will call your number the one attached to the paper, once you are called they will clean your hands with water and take your fingerprints, after that you will be asked to sit down to take your picture and if the person who is taking your picture is nice they will let you retake it again if you don't like it :P after that you have to to sign on a electronic pad :o its impossible to get it nice so don't waste your time i tried it 5 times till i gave up :rolleyes: once you are done with everything they will verify your information that they have on the system. final step they will write on that red stamp the date and something else that I'm not sure of :blink:

6- Ohhh and before you leave they will ask to fill out a questionary on how was the service

thats pretty much it , :D good luck everyone !!!!!

sorry if i missed anything i was on a hurry writing this!

post-1043-0-34306100-1349044988_thumb.jp

post-1043-0-25113400-1349045081_thumb.pn

Your Welcome Rawf, i tried my best on the details but at least people get an ideat on what to expect, and hopefully feel less anxious about doing their biometrics

ok c luna they did not put anything abajo de tu application #

ami si me pusieron algo donde dice ssn

idk why

Sunshine no se por que ellos escribieron ahí... pero cuantos numeros son ? yo vi en otros sitios y pues no, no encuentro nada similar ! mandame le foto si puedes si tienes voxer buscame luna.ztars

Before somebody asks, I just want to add that it's perfectly normal if you have only one "Application Number" on your Biometrics notice. It should be the same as your I-765 Receipt Number because you only need to do the Biometrics for the I-765 form, so you don't need both application numbers.

Hi Jose :D well see im not sure about that because actually i was advised by one of the staff there to include both of the Application numbers, also when i hand in my biometrics paper to the person who was going to take my fingerprints he scanned both of the bars all the way at the bottom so im not certain about this.... why would he scanned the two bars at the bottom ? dunno :wacko: huum if anyone know anything can you please clarify this thanks :D

ilNoG.jpg see the two codes at the bottom ? are for both applications

He scanned them both because both of them were on the paper and it's a new process so they don't know what is necessary or not.

The only thing they go by is the "Code 3" which tells them to collect fingerprints, photograph and signature.

I believe it was Vermont and Texas that put both of the Application Numbers on the Biometrics Notice.

You can see in this thread that this person only had one number. The "Case Type" is I-821D but the Application Number is the one from the I-765, they're both linked.

http://forum.adreama...tart-to-finish/

Yes you bring up a good point ^__^ maybe depends on the offices O I thought that all biometrics app looked the same :) I guess that makes sense now :) thx

My ASC notice has only I821D under the application notice and I was confused/concerned about this.

I called USCIS and inquired about this, I was told by the representative that my notice was for I765 even though it says I821D, I asked her to explain this, which she explained as being that I765 is the application that requires background checks, not the I821D, that did confuse me and I guess I annoyed her with my "ignorance" because she began to sound annoyed...

Oh, well. My applications were sent to Nebraska and like Jose pointed out earlier, some service centers work differently. My ASC notice only had 1 application but if others have the same "situation" or concern about their notices, its nothing to worry about...

Hello everybody, im new on this website. I recently received my biometrics appointment and succesfully completed a walk-in the next day. However, reading through some of your comments im getting very nervous so i created an account to get some advice. I think i epicly failed my biometrics (even though i may be worried for nothing).

I received my appointment for biometrics on Oct 1st for Oct 23rd. I walked in on Oct 2nd. My first doubt is when i filled out the short form the guard gives you. I believe i only put ONE receipt number in (instead of both for i485 and i765).... which one i put in? No clue! At the time i guess i was nervous so when i started reading them they both started the same way so i figured it was the same number twice (only the last digit is different on mine now that i look at it). I took the form along with the appointment letter and ID to the next desk and got a number. When i was called i had my picture taken, signed the digital pad, and they took all ten fingerprints. They stamped the appointment letter too.

Now i thought i was fine, but today i received yet another appointment letter 100% identical to the first one. With both application numbers on it and 2 bar codes at the bottom (i485 and i765). What does this mean? Im nervous because im thinking it's a notice for my failed biometrics session on oct 2nd and they probably want me to go back and redo them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

EDIT:

by the way the appointment date is the same on the first notice, oct 23rd

Hmm.....did the person doing the Biometrics scan both of the barcodes on your Biometrics Appointment Letter? If so, I don't think there should be a problem.

If I were you, I would call USCIS and ask them why you were sent a second letter.

Yea i saw that a lot of people paid attention to whether the agent scanned both bar codes.. i didnt :-(

I guess i will call USCIS first thing Monday morning and find out

Thanks a lot Jose!

Hello everybody, im new on this website. I recently received my biometrics appointment and succesfully completed a walk-in the next day. However, reading through some of your comments im getting very nervous so i created an account to get some advice. I think i epicly failed my biometrics (even though i may be worried for nothing).

I received my appointment for biometrics on Oct 1st for Oct 23rd. I walked in on Oct 2nd. My first doubt is when i filled out the short form the guard gives you. I believe i only put ONE receipt number in (instead of both for i485 and i765).... which one i put in? No clue! At the time i guess i was nervous so when i started reading them they both started the same way so i figured it was the same number twice (only the last digit is different on mine now that i look at it). I took the form along with the appointment letter and ID to the next desk and got a number. When i was called i had my picture taken, signed the digital pad, and they took all ten fingerprints. They stamped the appointment letter too.

Now i thought i was fine, but today i received yet another appointment letter 100% identical to the first one. With both application numbers on it and 2 bar codes at the bottom (i485 and i765). What does this mean? Im nervous because im thinking it's a notice for my failed biometrics session on oct 2nd and they probably want me to go back and redo them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :-)

EDIT:

by the way the appointment date is the same on the first notice, oct 23rd

You have to use the number on your work permit letter. Not the one from the DACA letter. They are both linked but you only need the one from the employment authorization letter.

@Rawf, yea i know that now. but when i went i didnt. so i thought it was the same number written twice on the appointment notice, so i have no clue which one i put in :-(

by the way im goin through a AOS case with the i485 and i765... i may be on the wrong website lol

Can u do a walk in? Or have to wait for the appointment?

That will depends on the ASC you were appointed to. They decide whether they let you do a walk-in or not. It usually depends whether the ASC is empty or busy. Others won't let you walk-in regardless.

Thanks a lot. I actually have my appointment today and kind of nervous. Now knowing the steps that goes on during appointment is helping me relax.