Luna

Biometrics Appointment Step by Step and what to Expect !

the office in Nashville was a little different. The guard asked for ID or in my case a old passport, school id, and birth certificate and that was completely fine. They did ask me a a weird question about how i got here and stuff, but i answered and then they went on with getting my fingerprints and photo and signature. it didn't take long at all, like maybe 5 minutes in my case. so for people who are worried and a little scared about if they will let you go through with the issues you have with id or anything. JUST BE STRONG! and confident. there shouldn't be a moment where you get scared. and i would bring someone with you, not advising a parent or family member unless that it and they are legal. But bringing a friend would be prefect just because if they ask something odd or weird about your case and you don't quite know the answer or you are reluctant to answer, they cant just turn and ask your parents if your friend is there.

i was kind of scared, just a little, or it was more like expecting the unexpected but as i saw it there is nothing to worry about.

Like in to the us ... Im sure the only reason they asked me that was becuase i didnt have any kind of stamp in my passport. And they had full access to my application becuase they told me the place of arrival that i had put down, so be honest becuase they will know

To clarify something, I am reading that Bass221 is referring to I-485 which is another application which is submitted for another process called Adjustement of Status and it has nothing to do with Deferred Action. I am guessing that he meant I-821. Regardless of that, I-765 (Employment for Authorization) is the same regardless of the type of process but it is submitted in conjuction with a separate form through which one is applying. The biometrics appointment notice must be the only notice presented when going to your appointment. Not the receipt notice nor other but the appointment notice. Two suggestions: do not try to attempt and try to go days before your interview, from experience with other cases, this just slows it down. Secondly, look presentable as this will be the actual photograph showing on your work permit.

hi I was just wondering if anyone out there has any advice or maybe went through a similar situation as me.. im 21 and ive lived in the us all my life. I have a green card and it expired in 06.12... since I used my greencard as my main source of id I never bothered getting a state id nor a license... anyway my greencard was lost along with my sscard:( I cannot get an id now bcs I have no proof of identity or my sscard... so I filed the I-90 form online.. and now im just waiting for my biometrics appt. all I have is a raggedy copy of my green card and im very nervous of what will go wrong since im literally starting from scratch. im scared I wont be able to renew my green card even though everything is paid for and ive lived here my whole life. can someone please help calm my nerves or prep me for what might happen?!

Please help! So after the biometrics are done.. What's next? Do I just wait? If yes, for what? Or should I already be applying for work permit o? I'm lost and confused .. Last thing I did was the biometrics .. Checked status and says still reviewing :/

Did you fill out the applications yourself? The I-765 is the application for the EAD (work permit)

After the Biometrics, you just have to wait for an approval/denial/RFE.

Hello im new here nd i just send my form today 3/08/13 nd was wondering how long does it take to get any answers or the biometrics appointment?

Thanks

Hello im new here nd i just send my form today 3/08/13 nd was wondering how long does it take to get any answers or the biometrics appointment?

Thanks

If you filled out form G-1145, you should get the text or e-mail notifications within a week. If you didn't, your first notifications will be the two I-797C Receipts that will come in the mail within 2 weeks. Then, you should receive the Biometrics appointment letter within 1-2 weeks after that.

im nervous because im starting from scratch here. I have no way of proving my identification. the nearest appointment to get a matricula consular is april 4 and my biometrics apt is march 27 so I wnt even be able to get that. im soo scared that because of my lack of identification ill have problems at the biometrics.

im nervous because im starting from scratch here. I have no way of proving my identification. the nearest appointment to get a matricula consular is april 4 and my biometrics apt is march 27 so I wnt even be able to get that. im soo scared that because of my lack of identification ill have problems at the biometrics.

@ Adrylyn.

You have nothing to be nervous about. Do you have any school ID's that you can show to the security guard in order to take your Biometrics? Find any identification that has your picture and your name on it. I'm sure that you should have some school ID at least. I would recommend that you call your respective Biometrics service center ASAP and ask them about ID requirements, If they don't accept non-government ID's than I would suggest that you reschedule your Biometrics appointment so that you can buy some time to get your Matricula Consular. By the way, do you have any expired passport?

So itz been 2 months since i went to my biometrics n my case is till on initial review ??? Is dat normal

Yes it is. There are people waiting 5-6 months after Biometrics.

can you go in like 3 weeks before your appointment date

You can give it a shot, but there's no guarantee that they'll let you in even if it's one week before. It will depend on the ASC that you go to. Some will let you do your Biometrics before your appointment, others wont.

hey what type of identification would i take with me if he only thing thats current & valid is my school id...

you could use your passport, my friend used her student ID, but dunno if they'll take it

Hello, i have a question, i have my Biometric appointment tomorrow at 3pm but i was wondering what exactly they do or ask or whatever! I just want to be ready for anything! Nd after taking it how much longer i have to wait or what's next? Thanks