Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Look for a Decent Lawyer plus Fees

I am wondering if any of you guys/girls looked into getting a lawyer and how much they would cost? Let us know the average pricing you saw for a lawyer. Also how do you go about looking for a lawyer? Do you search online? Check his education?

Comment below.

The way I'll go about hiring a lawyer to help me file my paperwork faster, will be by word of mouth. People I know and trust that can help me find an attorney whose services they have used and been successful. My fiancees aunt works with an immigration attorney here in Tx so, that's the route I'll be taking..if not, I'll try looking for pro bono services

I hired a lawyer here in Southern California. His services cost 2,500. You have to put a down payment of 1,000 and you pay 200 every month until its paid off. The 2,500 is all inclusive except for two things. Two pics which cost 10.00 and my initial background check which cost 45.00. I call his receptionist and his paralegals all the time, and he has been very good at answering all my questions in a timely manner. He's very good.

I don't think it is, and the place that they sent me was the place a former employer of mine would send people to get background checks for daycare positions it was the same price they charge. 2, 500 may be a rip off to you, but I do live in Orange County so things happen to be on the expensive side. I wasn't going to take any chances on making a mistake on any form, or any future process that I begin.

Personally I didn't look for one. The application is pretty straight forward though there are many that may have other obstacles and don't have it as easy. If you have all your evidence you should be fine.