pswa83

quick question for those in CA

i'm wondering for those in CA who have already gotten approved (i'm still waiting), have you guys applied for a DL yet? and if so, have you gotten one or what was the outcome of it?

the reason why i ask is because i know that Gov. Brown signed into law that approved DACA applicants can and will receive a "limited" DL. meaning it will only be valid for the time frame that our EAD is valid. (2 yrs) but the law isnt set to take effect till jan, 01, 2013.

thanks for answering for those who do :)

I can't say for sure since I haven't been approved and applied for a driver's license, but I'm pretty positive we can go apply as soon as we get our EAD and SSN. I believe we would be issued a limited license and ID just like when somebody goes to apply for an ID with a VISA, it's only valid for 6 months, or however long the VISA is valid for.

The law that Brown signed is mostly for those that are granted DACA, but denied on their I-765. It will allow them to obtain a Driver's License and ID with just their DACA approval notice.

My sister got approved and she applied for a CA DL & ID. They were both issue for 2 years only and after two years she has to renew it again.

i'm wondering for those in CA who have already gotten approved (i'm still waiting), have you guys applied for a DL yet? and if so, have you gotten one or what was the outcome of it?

the reason why i ask is because i know that Gov. Brown signed into law that approved DACA applicants can and will receive a "limited" DL. meaning it will only be valid for the time frame that our EAD is valid. (2 yrs) but the law isnt set to take effect till jan, 01, 2013.

thanks for answering for those who do :)

I got a Cali ID valid for 6 years and DL valid for 5 years!

currently waiting for mine in the mail!!

Best of luck I guess haha.

Just curious..on your guys' paper license did it say "Temporary" or "Interim"

Because it seems that if it said "temporary driver license " it's only for 2 years..but interim is 5 years

currently waiting for mine in the mail!!

Best of luck I guess haha.

Just curious..on your guys' paper license did it say "Temporary" or "Interim"

Because it seems that if it said "temporary driver license " it's only for 2 years..but interim is 5 years

Mi paper license said INTERIM... but my license is only for 4 years now... cause it expires on my Bday of 2017 and my bday is in January... so... the first year already passed for me.....it counted 2012 :(

Mi paper license said INTERIM... but my license is only for 4 years now... cause it expires on my Bday of 2017 and my bday is in January... so... the first year already passed for me.....it counted 2012 :(

aww icic, thanks for replying man. yeah my paper says Interim so hopefully I can get the full 5 years.. my bday is in September

aww icic, thanks for replying man. yeah my paper says Interim so hopefully I can get the full 5 years.. my bday is in September

whoa you got approved super fast they received my application on september 27 did bios on october 30 and nothing yet