Sign in to follow this  
dreamer.2012

Hello my name is Nicole!!!

Hello..

I came to the us when I was 16 yrs old in 2008.

I Have only lived in the us for 4 years and a couple of months.

I graduated high school here in the us and currently in college.

My question is...

Will there be a chance or a little hope for me to apply for deferred action.?

Will I need a lawyer to help me?

Is there a loophole in obama's new policy?

Hi Nicole:

Due to the information you have provided, I am not an attorney, it seems to me you wouldnt qualify for the Deferred Act.

{Who is eligible to receive deferred action under the Department’s new directive?

Pursuant to the Secretary’s June 15, 2012 memorandum, in order to be eligible for deferred action, individuals must:

1. Have come to the United States under the age of sixteen;
  2. Have continuously resided in the United States for at least five years preceding June 15, 2012 and are present in the United States on June 15, 2012;
  3. Currently be in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States;
  4. Have not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety;
  5. Not be above the age of thirty.}

This is where I found this info:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

However, I think an immigration lawyer would be able to help you better. There are several pro bono organizations in most states to help and Ive learned that it usually depends how you entered the country, either illegaly, with a passport or student visa...hope this helps and good luck.