mroman2387

Could i apply if i live outside the US?

Is it possible to apply if you live in another country?

I was taken to the US at age of 4 and lived there through the age of 18. I finished high school and since I was denied many previlages, I decided to go back to my birth country where i obtained a bachelors in business from an american university. My parents live legally in the US as US residents and i have a US visa to travel there, could i apply for the dream act?

Thanks for your help and time!

Not really, you have to be here on the day when President Obama put the policy in action. You have to prove that since then you were residing in USA.

I do not believe so. However, if your parents have legal status in the US (either residency or are citizens) why do they not apply to adjust your status? If you have a visa, I assume that you have some sort of legal staus in order to travel in and out of the US.

Thanks for the reponses,

Could they adjust my status with them being US residents? I thought that was only possible if they were US citizens.

yes, they can apply to adjust your status if they are only residents. the wait time will all depend on what country you are from and how old you are when they apply.

the NVC (national visa center) is working on cases from 2010 for dependents of PRs.

yes, they can apply to adjust your status if they are only residents. the wait time will all depend on what country you are from and how old you are when they apply.

the NVC (national visa center) is working on cases from 2010 for dependents of PRs.

I thought that only applied if the son or daughter was under the age of 18. If over the age of 18, the person has to file for permanent residency him/her self.

The only way to obtain legal status through parents is IF the parents initiated the residency process with the under age child included. Which doesn't seem to be the case here.

with in the USCIS system, one is still considered a "child" until he/she turns 21.

back in 2001, my mother was a PR and she filed the I-130 on my behalf. at the time i was 17. then in 2005, she became a citizen but by that time, i had already turned 22 by 3 weeks. so i "aged-out" according to the USCIS system and was placed a different category. if my mom would have applied for citizenship before i turned 21, i would have gotten a green card and by now would have already be a citizen. :(

with in the USCIS system, one is still considered a "child" until he/she turns 21.

back in 2001, my mother was a PR and she filed the I-130 on my behalf. at the time i was 17. then in 2005, she became a citizen but by that time, i had already turned 22 by 3 weeks. so i "aged-out" according to the USCIS system and was placed a different category. if my mom would have applied for citizenship before i turned 21, i would have gotten a green card and by now would have already be a citizen. :(

Well if we go by parents decisions I would have been a permanent resident by now. :(

And I would have been born here. lol

I was conceived here in the U.S.

LOL.

so was i but my mom went back to mexico when she was 8 months pregnant thinking she could go down and come back with enough time before i was born. i had other ideas. lol she started have labor pains the day before she left her family's plantation and i was born in tijuana.

why couldnt i wait like a few more hrs?! lol

oh well

arent our parents just wonderful???? ^_^

mine let himself be led by negative comments from the family and had my mother give birth to me in ciudad juarez....ssdd...(Same Shit Different Day)