Sign in to follow this  
anaira04

I got a question...

ive been in the US since i was 2 1/2 years old with a type of id card that my father had gotten along with his. unfortunetely that card was stolen many years ago so there is no way i can prove i came here legally. i only posses a type of receipt which has my picture and my fathers when the cards were gotten its very old n falling apart. i attended school from prek to 12th grade and graduated. im 26 years old, no felonies could i still apply?

I think you won't have a problem since you studied here for many years.. You could use your school records to prove that you came here many years ago. And it doesn't matter if you came here legal or not as long as you could prove to them that you've been living here.

Deferred Act application 465

Employement authorization 380

fingerprinting 80-85

Total cost 925-930

Good luck

What why soo much...because the TPS for employement are like 300-400 ?

I won't tell you that this entire process is going to come off as being any cheap. The cost of of both, the work-permit and biometric check are already know, however, the cost for deferred action is not known until august 1st. You should expect everything to be pricy and save as much as possible just in case. The cost for deferred action that you were given of $465 is false though.

Aled:

This is the link where I got the information for the $465 for the fee for the application for DACA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ap-exclusive-internal-document-shows-obama-deportation-proposal-could-cost-more-than-585m/2012/07/24/gJQAvYdt6W_story.html

I wont be mentioning it to you again because you and me know this is not the first time Ive said this.

It seems to me possibly you dont believe the fee and I hope with all my heart that you are right and that the fee is wrong, because thats a lot of money and I dont have it all saved. Im working on getting it.

You can believe it or not as the article says and the article even mentions possibiilities of waivers but that can change. Nothing in written in stone until the day we are applying and we have the application in our hands.

I will be completely honest, I dont like your comment of the price that was given to others being false. I think I have said countless of times that when I try and help someone, I try and provide links to where I got this info, yes this info maybe wrong but Im not talking out of my a**. I feel by your comment as if you mentioned personally that info that I gave out is false. Please be more careful in the future. That is all I have to say regarding the subject, regarding your "comment about false info"

Edith:

As I mentioned before, I suppose the cost of the whole process maybe close to 930, just like Aled, I agree the process isnt going to be cheap and in my personal opinion, it has to cost us something, so the Republicans wont have something else to complain about.

I hope I am wrong about the cost, but its always better to save the money and be safe than sorry...

Good luck Edith and welcome to the Forum.

Well let see what they said about it..any way it doesn't matter the price because I have that but I said about the people have low recourses

Im glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones to have the $ to pay for the fees required to apply for DACA. But yes, you're right, for many others, itll be difficult to come up with the money when we havent been able to work..

I know they want proof of us being here in the U.S but off all the stuff they are asking for, what is the most important thing? And when the applications are ready, where do we have to go? Can we apply on the internet? Do I need to talk to a lawyer?

Mayra:

Im not sure what would be the most important thing, but in my personal opinion, itd be your immunization card. That card shows continuous process in the country and where and when you got your shots. Most information should be released tomorrow August 1st and information about where to go should also be available tomorrow. Regarding a lawyer, its recommended getting a lawyer if you feel for some reason you could be denied dut to misdemeanors or any other reason.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Is there going to be a time limit we have to apply? Like from the 15th to the 25th or something? Or is it the first of us who apply well get looked at. like only a number of us well get looked at?!!!

There hasnt been a mention of a time limit being imposed, but it seems it is the sooner you get your application in, the faster the process can go.

I have a question...my boyfriend was In jail last year for one month..they accused him for something he didnt do... He was innocent from the case... But Im not sure if he going to have a problem for the dream act??