Sign in to follow this  
C_Air23

SSN after 2 years..

I applied for my social , 5 days after ead.

Hey, did they give you a paper with a reference number and also saying something about how the verification may take like 4 weeks, or did the office tell you that your number was going to be created that day and you would receive the card in like two weeks?

Thanks, in advance.

Hey, did they give you a paper with a reference number and also saying something about how the verification may take like 4 weeks, or did the office tell you that your number was going to be created that day and you would receive the card in like two weeks?

Thanks, in advance.

I planning to apply for a SSN on Tuesday, will they be able to give you your number tha day of? And then just wait for the physical card to arrive later so we can apply for an ID or drivers license ASAP? Btw, I heard the physical card should get to you in a week...

Ive also seen a lot of discussion for one to wait 10 days after one had recieved their EAD card to go and apply for their SS card or 10 days after the date thats listed on your EAD card as Valid from:

In other words, on my EAD card it says valid from 10/8/12-10/7/14. 10 days after 10/8/12 would be 10/18. Ill be going to the SS office on Tuesday since I have an appt and errands to run near the offices. By then itll be 8 days, I hope it goes smoothly. Ill let you all know on this forum.

Ive seen/heard of other DREAMERS have the process of obtaining a SS card very smoothly, while others seems to take longer on being verified. I personally think its because a lot of people didnt agree with DACA being passed and will do anything to slow this process down.

Ive also seen a lot of discussion for one to wait 10 days after one had recieved their EAD card to go and apply for their SS card or 10 days after the date thats listed on your EAD card as Valid from:

In other words, on my EAD card it says valid from 10/8/12-10/7/14. 10 days after 10/8/12 would be 10/18. Ill be going to the SS office on Tuesday since I have an appt and errands to run near the offices. By then itll be 8 days, I hope it goes smoothly. Ill let you all know on this forum.

Ive seen/heard of other DREAMERS have the process of obtaining a SS card very smoothly, while others seems to take longer on being verified. I personally think its because a lot of people didnt agree with DACA being passed and will do anything to slow this process down.

I have talked to one on "Instagram" that got his SSN already...He's from Cali like me and he said He applied to get a SSN 2 days after he got his EAD... he got his on Sept 29 (Sat) and applied for SSN on Oct 1 (Monday) and so I asked him if it ws true if they make you wait 10 days after you recieve your EAD...I guess the lady told him he had to wait 10 days plus possibly 2 weeks..but he said that wasnt the case because he got his SSN in a WEEK, he said he got it on OCT 9..couldve been oct 8, but oct 8 was a holiday...

Exactly. I was under the impression that October 8th was a holiday and most government offices didnt work. Yet, my EAD has the valid date starting at October 8th. I got the approval text the 9th so how could my card be validated on the 8th if they didnt work?

Anyways, Ive read to wait 10 days after the valid from date on the EAD, so Ill be going Tuesday to start my SS card process. On DAP theres a bunch of DREAMERS that already received their EAD and already applied for the SS card or are in the process. Theyre pretty helpful if you talk to them.

Exactly. I was under the impression that October 8th was a holiday and most government offices didnt work. Yet, my EAD has the valid date starting at October 8th. I got the approval text the 9th so how could my card be validated on the 8th if they didnt work?

Anyways, Ive read to wait 10 days after the valid from date on the EAD, so Ill be going Tuesday to start my SS card process. On DAP theres a bunch of DREAMERS that already received their EAD and already applied for the SS card or are in the process. Theyre pretty helpful if you talk to them.

I believe oct 8 is when the card is made? No idea.. Her but atleast you got it already.. I'm hoping mine gets here tomorrow.. Since it was sent on Friday..

So are y'all saying that if i wait 10 days, i can go ahead and say i lost it or something and ill get a replacement one with out the letters on my SS card saying "valid for work only"?