Sign in to follow this  
paul86

Can we apply for DV Lottery having Deferred Action approved?

Having deferred action approved is it possible to apply for DV 2014 lottery. Will that help us get green card if we get to be the lucky pick?

Regarding your signature, you have the Date of EAD received is October 1st 2012, so below that on Work authorization Card received, which is the same thing, shouldnt you update it to the date you received it?

Don't you have be outside the US to be eligible?

For DV-2014, natives of the following countries1 are not eligible to apply because the countries sent a total of more than 50,000 immigrants to the United States in the previous five years:

BANGLADESH, BRAZIL, CANADA, CHINA (mainland-born), COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, ECUADOR, EL SALVADOR, HAITI, INDIA, JAMAICA, MEXICO, PAKISTAN, PERU, PHILIPPINES, SOUTH KOREA, UNITED KINGDOM (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and VIETNAM.

Persons born in Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, and Taiwan are eligible.

Changes in eligibility this year:

FOR DV-2014, NATIVES OF GUATEMALA ARE NOW ELIGIBLE FOR SELECTION.

The Department of State implemented the electronic registration system beginning with DV-2005 in order to make the DV process more efficient and secure. The Department utilizes special technology and other means to identify those who commit fraud for the purposes of illegal immigration or those who submit multiple entries.

You can read the following instructions if you would like: http://travel.state.gov/pdf/DV_2014_Instructions.pdf

Ohhh... I guess you have to be outside. But I had family members that were in USA and they got lawyers and through them they didn't have to leave the country and they received their green cards.

Ohhh... I guess you have to be outside. But I had family members that were in USA and they got lawyers and through them they didn't have to leave the country and they received their green cards.

Then there is your answer lol..

Yes, you can play the DV Lottery even if you have the EAD and you must come from countries that aren't excluded from the DV program. I played the DV before but with no luck.