Sign in to follow this  
Dani2012

Question please help

Hi guys I'm currently in the process of trying to obtain my working permit. I'm not sure though how to put my name on the documents since I have my mom and dad's last name on my birth certificate. Since I started school I was told to only use my dad's. Should I put both or just my dad's? Thanks

When you present proof of identification it must match with your forms. Use the name on your identification card or passport and list any other names in the last page where it lets you add extra information and other names used.

you list your name the exact way it is on your birth certificate. so if you have 2 last names, you listed both.

i did it that way because that is the way it is listed on my BC and passport.

I personally, did it different. I also have 2 last names on my birth certificate. But since Ive been here in the U.S. Ive only used one. All my paperwork, school records, medical records, school ids, even SS card only have 1 last name. I already got approved and I received no notice of there being a problem. I really think its up to you and how much paperwork you have showing your name with only 1 last name.

Sorry guys I didn't have a way to reply till now but thank you guys so very much. I was told to put both last names on the applications and that they drop the second last name when I get the social security card.

I tried to drop my maternal last name at the SSA, but they wouldn't let me. I could have left out my middle name if I wanted to, but not my second last name.

That's strange, my lawyer told me that they would drop the maternal last name. I'll have to give them a call and see what they say about that.

i also tired to drop my second last name because i dont use it at all and SSA wouldnt let me. the lady told me to write my name the way it was on my EAD, birth certicate, and passport.