Sign in to follow this  
Ensign

Military enrollment through DACA

So I just came back from the recruitment office for the Airforce and the officer told me that they werent going to be accepting any enlistings from DACA I found it kind of strange and she seemed kinda iffy about the topic and wasnt to aware can anyone verify this for me?

I asked her if she was going based off information from the past and she said she needed to have a green card becaouse the goverment wouldnt accept it. So I asked her if she knew any information based off of daca and all she said was no and that she didnt even know that it had passed............ -______-

As far as I'm concerned, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may join the Military. We would be able to join with the Dream Act, but not with DACA.

DACA does not give us Legal Status, we are still here illegally, we just have Legal Presence for 2 years. It's basically like being here with a VISA, but with permission to work.

navyemwwo.png

armyb.png

armyn.png

I also had this question, but supposedly all the military branches require you to at least be a resident. Even though their website say it, it doesn't hurt to go and ask them directly which is what I'm planning to do, you never know.

How would i apply through the dream act?

The Dream Act bill hasn't been introduced yet.

If it passes, we would have a path to Citizenship and we would be able to join the Military, but until then, we just need to stick with DACA and hope that Obama gets re-elected and the Dream Act bill passes.

The only thing that you will be able to do right now relating to enlisting in the armed forces is taking the asvab since you only need a SSN & DL

ASVAB score is good for 2 years so you'll have 2 years to get your green card.