Sign in to follow this  
roadrunner11

Hey there!

I am currently waiting to hear back from USCIS on my EAD and work permit. I got my biometrics done on Sept. 19th. It can be a little nervewrecking to hear the timelines posted considering it has been over 3 weeks since I got my biometrics done. But, I have to wait. I am not sure if it is because my case went to the Nebraska Center or if it matters what state I am from?

A little about me. I was born in Guatemala City, Guatemala. I came to the US when I was 14, graduated HS in 2007 as the class valedictorian. I was lucky enough to meet a very nice couple along the way who gave me a scholarship and I attended private college. I graduated in 2011 with a Bacherlors in Science. My grandma had applied for my residency in 2004 but she passed away a month before we got approved so when we did the approval meant nothing. Back to square 1.

I can't really complain about my life considering I have been able to go to college and I was able to find a job as well. However, I am ready to start my life here. I am sure we all feel like our lives are stalled even if we have had opportunities. I can't wait for all of my friends who applied to DACA and for myself too to get it. It will be a relief.

To everyone, keep praying, spread the word and enjoy life no matter what!

Welcome and I was also routed to Nebraska Center..look at my signature..any day now you'll receive good news about being approved. I got my bio 2 days before you. I expect for you to be hearing from USCIS at the latest next week...

Congratulations roadrunner. That's fantastic news you've given us. For us who are still waiting, getting more and more anxious day after day, it is at least comforting getting fellow dreamers get their acceptance.

Cheers!!