Sign in to follow this  
pswa83

thoughts about this......

i read this article online yesterday and thought i'd share and see what y'all thought about it.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1013-mayor-id-card-20121013,0,4285023.story

here's my thought:

seeing how approved DACA applicants will have a SSN and be able to get a DL/ID and there fore open a bank account, i dont honestly see the point of these "ID" cards. in the article, it says that the "ID" card will make it easier to prove residency thus allowing immigrants to obtain a library card and a bank account. however, having a DL/ID issued by the state of CA will do exactly the same thing and list the exact same information that this "ID" card will.

if i lived in LA (i live about 2 hrs east of LA) i would see no reason to have this city issued "ID" card and pay any where from $10 to $20 for it when my DL/ID card would allow me to do everything that this "ID" card would allow me to do and list the exact same information that my DL/ID would.

i read this article online yesterday and thought i'd share and see what y'all thought about it.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4285023.story

here's my thought:

seeing how approved DACA applicants will have a SSN and be able to get a DL/ID and there fore open a bank account, i dont honestly see the point of these "ID" cards. in the article, it says that the "ID" card will make it easier to prove residency thus allowing immigrants to obtain a library card and a bank account. however, having a DL/ID issued by the state of CA will do exactly the same thing and list the exact same information that this "ID" card will.

if i lived in LA (i live about 2 hrs east of LA) i would see no reason to have this city issued "ID" card and pay any where from $10 to $20 for it when my DL/ID card would allow me to do everything that this "ID" card would allow me to do and list the exact same information that my DL/ID would.

I have a City of San Francisco ID card.. I believe its the same one in LA...only San Francisco residents are allowed to get one..if you live South SF then you are out of luck getting an identification. Theese ID cards are for people who are undocumented and cannot get Drivers License/CA ID's since they dont have SSN...this helps people to have proper identification..also will help open banks and get library cards.. on the back of this card, it says on bold emergency contacts and NOT FOR USE ON PURCAHSE OF TOBACCO N ALCOHOL... these cards are only for the city it is issued on...I went to Sacramento and other placess who asked for an ID and they did not accept my City of SF ID since its only valid for the city it is issued..

Also, if you changed your name and apperance, you are qualified to get this ID in SF as well since there is a lot of trans genders her in the city of SF

ah, i did not know that. that brings out the question of, if its only good within the city that it is issued in, and i cant use it else where, like i would a DL/ID, i would wonder why i would even bother getting a city "ID" card.

i honestly just think it's another way for either the city or a company "sponsered" by the city, to make money off a certain group for the sole purpose of financial gain and nothing else.

ah, i did not know that. that brings out the question of, if its only good within the city that it is issued in, and i cant use it else where, like i would a DL/ID, i would wonder why i would even bother getting a city "ID" card.

i honestly just think it's another way for either the city or a company "sponsered" by the city, to make money off a certain group for the sole purpose of financial gain and nothing else.

It's for all of the illegal immigrants that aren't able to obtain a state issued ID or DL.

Exactly.. It's just for use within the city.. It isn't accepted like state ID or DL's just like the one I have.. My city ID isn't accepted in cities outside San Francisco! Hope this clears it up for you! And the proof of residence you use to get an ID are utility bills, pay stubs, bank statements that has you address in within the past month.. Has to be SF or LA addresses.. And a foreign passport or DL/ID