Sign in to follow this  
C_Air23

Read!!! Obtaining a SSN after EAD!! Wait 10 days..

Ok it is 9:30 am here in San Francisco and I just left Social Security! PLEASE PLEASE if you want to make sure you get a SSN when you go, just wait 10 days from when your EAD was issued. This lady told me my EAD was fairly new and have to wait 10 days.. So se told me to come back on the 22nd which was complete BS!! I know and read some people have been told the same thing but others were able to apply couple of days after they obtained their EAD card! Please bring the following items as well when you go, 1) EAD card 2) Foreign Passport 3) Birth Certificate! Those 3 are key! Although there are some items on their list that you can bring as well.. But those 3 are the things they look for.

wow, that's kind of a bummer that you have to go back. when i went they didnt ask me for my BC. but like you said, i guess it all depends on where you live and the person who take your app.

hope everything works out though :)

I really think waiting 10 days is personal choice. I personally believe its 7-10 days after the VALID FROM date on ones EAD card. My VALID FROM date is 10/8/12 and today was 8 days.

To all good luck when applying for the SS card. Our moment of triumph has come...