EnJR

Finding a job

Ok so I'm starting this cause maybe some of you have gone through the same. Every time i look for a job, most ask for a resume and cover letter, how do you guys cope with that? I mean, i've had jobs but sometimes it feels like its just not good enough and the fact of "our situation" doesn't help. How do you deal with it?

I think you should be honest with your resume facts. Include previous jobs that you think would help your cause with your job search. Depending where you choose to seek employment, it will be in your cover letter that you may choose to include your reason for the lack of a post college career. Keep in mind that most employers appreciate honesty right upfront. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Date Application Sent: September 07, 2012

Lockbox: Chicago, IL

Mail Method: USPS Flat Rate mail w/ delivery confirmation

Date Delivered: September 10, 2012

Date of I-797 C Notice of Action: September 12, 2012

Service Center: Texas

Date of Biometrics: Walk-in September 24th, 2012 @10:00am

Date of EAD Letter/Email/TXT Approval: Pending

Date of EAD Mailed: Pending

Date of EAD Received: Pending

I also believe its good to be honest upfront. I thinkt that if an employer is smart and hire us they can see us as a piece of pliable clay. Ill be preparing a resume and trying to highlight some of my best skills.

Communications skills, bilingual skills, following instructions effectively, etc.

"They can see us as a pliable clay", not sure if this is a good thing or bad ?

I personally believe its good, we arent applying and have any bad habits that need to be broken but everyone will interpret it the way they like.

I personally believe its good, we arent applying and have any bad habits that need to be broken but everyone will interpret it the way they like.

I think that it can be both positive and a negative because on one hand employers want experience and do not want to have to train someone but on the other hand, they do want someone that they can mold.

Try to include everything that you have ever done that may fit the description of the job that you want all on one page. service at church, volunteers, projects at school, community events. you will be surprised to discover the skills you have. in fact, use this as a time to self-reflect and set goals.

I think honestly the best way to get started if your really unsure, build up your resume by working at jobs you hate, including, resturants, fast food, convenience stores like family dollar, dollar tree, etc. LOL we all have something you wouldn't mind doing to start a resume, I know they arent good enough but its a start. Good luck trying to get a job in an office.

I believe jobs like customer service for a car dealership is a good job on your resume. Out of the ordinary jobs are what i believe employers like to see.

I agree with Moe 100%. I have been applying this week at some of those places like Dollar General and Macys and it difficult getting a job with no experience.

So I have a back up plan. My plan is to get "training" as a cashier at my father in laws car wash. Ill learn the ropes and after a few weeks will be able to add him as a reference that I have been trained and am competent for a job.

Good luck to all and also please remember that if you dont have a checking account, to open one up, this is because some employers prefer to pay via direct deposit and we need to be as prepared as possible.

I think honestly the best way to get started if your really unsure, build up your resume by working at jobs you hate, including, resturants, fast food, convenience stores like family dollar, dollar tree, etc. LOL we all have something you wouldn't mind doing to start a resume, I know they arent good enough but its a start. Good luck trying to get a job in an office.

I believe jobs like customer service for a car dealership is a good job on your resume. Out of the ordinary jobs are what i believe employers like to see.

So when i read the car dealership, i thought it was funny cause I worked at a car dealership for six months. Was that a wild guess? Lol

Seems i got lucky then :-) a friends dad own a business and thats about all the work experience i have that and internships ive had in highschool and its cool to see some one else from el paso here.

I HAVE WORKED IN WAREHOUSES...SINCE I HAVE NO KIDS DEY TAKE ALOT OF$$ LOL...BUT NOW I SELL CHURROS DOOR TO DOOR LETS JUST SAY IN 3 HOURS MAYBE LESS I CAN MAKE 60$ DA SAME MONEY I WOULD GET PAYED WORKING IN A WAREHOUSE..ONCE I GET MY LISENCE IMA TAG ALONG WITH MY DAD SINCE HE WORKS IN FULLERTON ILL USE HIS CAR TO DRIVE TO ANAHEIM AN SELL OVER THERE SINCE ILL MAKE EASY $ AN MORE (; SINCE I KNOW PLACES WERE DA $$ IS EASY TO MAK3......A FRIEND OF MY MOM MAKES 200$ SELING TOYS IN DA WEEKENDS;) YEAH IT MAY SEEM EMBARASING BUT ATLEAST IS A JOB(; SHE ONLY DRIVES UP TO RANDOM KIDS PARTY AN SELLS TOYS :) AN SHES LUCKY ALL SHE GUTTA DOOO IS WALK OUTSIDE AN SHELL MAKE BANK SINCE SHES SURROUND WITH TONS OF APPARTMENTS LOL

SO IM NOT REALLY GUNNA STREES OUT ABOUT LOOKING FOR A JOB CAUSE I KNOW HOW TO MAKE DA EASY $$ (: SELLING CHURROS AJAJAJAJAJJAAA

being honest is a good thing. however, i also believe that the experience that i gained from past jobs, is MY experience. why should i not list it? when making my resume for the job i have now, i listed my past job experiences and if they asked about them, i talked about it. they havent asked about my SSN or EAD. with my resume, i also have letters of reference from my past bosses who knew that i was illegal. those letters really help and also say nothing about me not having a SSN when i worked for them.

I agree with pswa83 we can and should use our past experience as long as we left in good terms from those jobs. I personally wrote all the jobs and relevant volunteer work that could help me get a job in my field of study. If anyone needs help with resume building or cover letters let me know!

e-mail me at [email protected]

K.guys am lost here.. So on our resume we hve to put jobs we did even thou we got paid under da table ?????

Hi Pankaj,

I did include the work experience I obtained from before. I would suggest listing them if the jobs would give good references for you.

Hi Pankaj,

I did include the work experience I obtained from before. I would suggest listing them if the jobs would give good references for you.

OK THXZ GURL

selling Churros ?? Toys ?? is that even legal ?? dont you need a license to sell staff ! tax id number ! what !!!!! for real ? u sell churros ? lol i live in NJ & i had never see anybody selling Churros or toys around :D

To get a job you have to personalize each cover letter according to what job you want to get. You might want to change your resume to add whatever jobs are most relevant and excluding the less relevant. To do this you need to have experience in many different jobs, and that takes time.

I live in miami and these are the jobs I've had.

Fy first real job was under the table and it was at hotel in Miami Beach as a reservationist. I had to lie to get that job because I had no previous experience and without experience I would of not gotten that job. after that job I got another reservationist job two years later in Downtown and didnt have to lie about experience. I even have a good reference from there... and this time i had a work permit. after 3 months I was promoted to sales coordinator and did that for a year and decided to work in the same hotel's restaurant where I was for 10 months. I say I was there for a year. I have a sales manager reference and a GM reference from there. It all took me 4 years. Then I moved on to working in a call center and reservations experience got me there. That was in april, and my work permit expired on august so they fired me. Good thing is that they told me I can come back.

I've also worked as pool attendant and valet parking which I usually dont put in my resumes. I try to put the best jobs like sales coordinator, waitor, reservations agent.

The cover letter is basically important to catch attention and get an interview. then a good resume will back you up in a interview because you will talk about your last job(s). and maybe about your references and your profile and objectives.

Try to have different cover letters for different types of jobs. google cover letters for the types of jobs you are going to look for and kind copy what you see best for you. there are many different ways to make a cover letter so use your imagination to create an attractive one.

The resume should be one page and simple, your cover letter can also be one page but if you want to attach the things you know how to do or use to another page you can(Outlook, Excel, Micros). My cover letter is usually one page, because managers like it short and sweet most of the time.

i had a really really good job but they laid me off cuz i didn't have a good social lol i remember that day like it was yesterday ooh waith it was yesterday lol

Наш интернет-магазин представляет широчайший выбор надувных лодок, подвесных моторов, запасных частей и аксессуаров, которые сделают ваше времяпрепровождение на воде комфортным и надежным.

купить двухместную лодку – это отличный вариант для рыбалки и отдыха в любом водоеме или веселых развлечений на воде. Наши надувные лодки невесомые, устойчивые и компактные, они легко переносятся и быстро накачиваются. В нашем ассортименте модели различных размеров и параметров, чтобы вы подобрали именно то вариант, который подходит вам по вкусу.

Наши надежные подвесные моторы для лодок подарят вам большую скорость и управляемость в любом водоеме. Ассортимент запасных частей и аксессуаров помогут содержать вашу лодку ПВХ в исправном состоянии и сделают любую поездку максимально беспроблемной.

Делая заказ у нас, вы получаете не только качественный товар, но и консультацию профессионального менеджера, а также гарантии на все продукты. Покупайте надувные лодки и все необходимое для рыбалки прямо сейчас!