Rh_ny

Travel permit !!

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for advanced parole aka travel permit. What is the processing time ?and if they got approved for it ?

You can only have the advance parole approved for emergency cases, such as close family sickness.

At the time of your return, you will have to present documents to prove why you went out. It is entirely up to the person who reviews your documents to let you back into the US, but he/she can also deny the entrance at any time.

It is a tricky thing to do, I would recommend talking to a lawyer about it.

If you are planning on applying for Advance Parole, I recommend you talk to an immigration attorney first. It is clearly stated by USCIS that you can be denied re-entry into the U.S. even with Advance Parole if you have accrued Unlawful Presence.

On the topic of traveling; does anybody has experience or know about traveling to Alaska or Hawaii?

Traveling to Alaska or Hawaii is the same as traveling within the continental U.S. as they are part of the 50 states after all. As long as you don't stop in Canada to change flights on the way to Alaska, you should be fine.

You only need a state-issued ID.

I was just wondering if anyone has applied for advanced parole aka travel permit. What is the processing time ?and if they got approved for it ?

WHEN IT COMES TO THE ADVANCED PAROLE VISA, IT IS VERY TRICKY. AS RAWF SAID, IT IS UP TO YOU. GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY IS NOT HARD BUT COMING BACK IS A DIFFERENT STORY. ADVANCED PAROLE BY DEFINATION ALLOWS THOSE TO LEAVE THE USA FOR EMERGENCY, ORGANIZATION WORK LIKE CHURCH RELATED AND ETC. I WOULD RECOMMEND ADJUSTING YOUR LEGAL STATUS FIRST AS A PERMENEANT RESIDENT BEFORE LEAVING THE COUNTRY.

AND @ANGELA, WHAT EXACTLY IS YOUR QUESTION? i HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WITH THOSE TWO USA STATES. bUT I DO KNOW YOU DO NOT NEED PASSPORTS AND ONLY A DRIVING LISCENSE IF A US CITIZEN. HERE IS A QUOTE I FOUND, "All non-U.S. citizens must show a valid passport or acceptable identification to enter the United States, regardless of entry point."

@REPutation ... My question is if we would be able to travel to Hawaii and/or Alaska with the DACA status. I have been traveling within the continental US with my drivers license without any problem, but I am not sure if it works the same with AK and HI. I would really like to visit those states, but I wonder if it returning to the continental US will be the same situation as returning from another country.

On the topic of traveling; does anybody has experience or know about traveling to Alaska or Hawaii?

traveling to Alaska or Hawaii should be a straight forward process. you can buy your ticket and as long as you have a DL or state ID then you can get on the plane. when flying to alaska, make sure that your connecting flight is in seattle or portland so that you dont have to be in Canada and therefore, wont have to deal with any troubles that being in Canada could bring.