Sign in to follow this  
C_Air23

Drivers License/State ID (California)

TX ID is only valid while EAD is valid.

My EAD expires Oct. 7 2014 and my TX ID has the same expiration date. Im assuming my DL when I get it will have the same thing...

TX ID is only valid while EAD is valid.

My EAD expires Oct. 7 2014 and my TX ID has the same expiration date. Im assuming my DL when I get it will have the same thing...

oh really? Did you show them your SS card and your EAD card? did they ask anything bout DACA?

Some people have gotten a 2 year ID/DL here in California.

The DMV website states that if your Legal Presence document is valid for less than 5 years, you will be issued a limited ID/DL, so technically we are supposed to be getting a 2 year ID/DL. Those getting 5 year DLs are getting lucky since it isn't the case for everyone.

oh really? Did you show them your SS card and your EAD card? did they ask anything bout DACA?

They asked for EAD and SS card and made no mention of DACA.

A quick question about DL process....

If i don't have a car to do the driving test....and/or if i don't have someone who can lend me a car....Does the DMV provide/rent a car just to do the driving test in California or what are my options?

DMV doesn't provide or rent vehicles.

If you can't get a hold of one, a possible solution would be to call a nearby driving school and they can lend you a car. They will pick you up from your house and drive you to the DMV where you will take the test, then they will drop you off again at your house.

Just search "driving schools" on google and call one near you.