i had my biometrics taken on Oct.1 and my friend on Oct.5. i am still waiting for a response and my friend got his letter of approval already on Oct. 26. anybody know why? Because we live in the same city

There could be many different factors that we aren't aware of. One possible factor is maybe something came up during the background check that needs to be investigated. We just don't know why some cases take longer than others.

Just as JoseG stated. there could be many different factors. However, that fact that you and your friend are from the same city means nothing. Keep in mind that everybody's case is different. Others have more proof documentation than others.

Not only is every case different but every case worker is also "different". Some work faster than others. Some are more leniant and some are more hard asses that may look into every little detail in the evidence provided. Dont lose hope. Just be patient.

but after the biometrics are taken is it a for sure thing that i will be approved. Be real with me people?

but after the biometrics are taken is it a for sure thing that i will be approved. Be real with me people?

Biometrics are done to verify your background and identity. If you NEVER committed a crime before and all your paper works are legit then you have NOTHING to worry about. But if you lied on your application, then there is a chance your application will be denied. Simple as that!

No.

Pretty much everyone will be getting a Biometrics appointment once your Application is routed to a Service Center for processing.

After the Biometrics appointment is when an adjudicator will start looking over your application, background check and evidence. If the adjudicator wants to see more evidence, he will send you an RFE (Request for Evidence) If something came up during the background check, it will be sent to a different group of people to look over it and verify whether that was you or if it was someone else. Or you will simply be approved if you meet all of the guidelines and have submitted evidence to support it.

and if you are deny do they also send you a notice? cause i got a ticket for jaywalking like 5 years ago. im sure thats nothing though. right?

Itzel covered every potential reasons for your later approval notice and Jose covered what happens after the biometrics. Even if there was something came across during the back ground check, as long as the record shows you are raised out of the same action andthe USCIS determines you don't hold a public/national threat, chances are you will be approved. You will receive a form of i797 upon the application acceptance or rejection.