Sign in to follow this  
NilviaRR

Shady lawyers?

Ok, well my sister and I have been helping a lot of people in my town (small town) that have applied/are applying for the deferred action. We both got our EAD's last Friday (Happy Dance :lol: ) and we both applied wayy before everyone else in our town did. So we give them info, guidance, instructions, etc. Well, most of the kids went through a lawyer that the church provided after mass one day, they basically all filed it around that time, and they all had their applications double checked by that lawyer. No concern there, that lady was great and most of them now have biometrics appointments for this month. Well, there was one guy that filed his application before the rest of them and went through a separate lawyer, I have no idea who it was, we're trying to verify that... Bottom line is, he hasn't received anything at all... no letter saying they received anything, no texts, no emails, no biometric appointments, NOTHING... so my sister and I are pretty concerned... wondering if he ran into a pretty shady lawyer... :( Any recommendations on where to go from here? :unsure:

Go and ask that attorney, or if it's been more than 30 days you can always call and ask what's going on.

Maybe the letters got lost, and he sure doesn't want to miss the biometrics or the case might get closed.

Just call them.

It is a reality that out there you're going to find unscrupulous/shady lawyers. Whther or not this person paid money to this lawyer it is highly important that he gets in touch with the lawyer and ask him. You also didn't specify the exact date this lawyer sent the application. If its been more than three weeks than there certainly is a need for concern. There are many possibilities to ponder about. Find the lawyer and ask!

@Aled: Yes, I am meeting with his parents hopefully soon to get to the bottom of this because it certainly isn't fair if that's the case

P.S.--I actually just read that quote in my humanities II Class!!! Love it!!

@Aled: Yes, I am meeting with his parents hopefully soon to get to the bottom of this because it certainly isn't fair if that's the case

P.S.--I actually just read that quote in my humanities II Class!!! Love it!!

I know one of fave quotes ^^

I have heard that if you apply through a lawyer, your process will always be a little longer. I did not, I did it myself, because it just seemed so easy, and for me to pay someone 1500 to fill out my own informatio on a sheet of paper was just absurd to me. I hope you have found that lawyer, and I hope the kid kept a contract or receipt of some sort. You can always go to your own lawyer you applied thru to ask what to do, if you are a customer, I am sure he or she can instruct you on what to do about a shady lawyer.

on wendsday my mom took some lady to apply for a job ,,,on our way dere she was saying that she an her brother gunna open a office for immmigration help an dat she was doing da daca app for 200 lol funny thing is dat wen were at da work place she keep asking me wat dis say...an blah blah...lol how da f***** does she say she gunna do people daca app if she cant even file a work app herself lmao.......gente como esaa vale madre !!! tryna take advantage of people lmao i feel bad for the people who gunna go for em ahahahhahahah :rolleyes: