Sign in to follow this  
angela

Receiving EAD ...

Hello everybody,

well, this questions are for those that already received their EAD.

1. What does the EAD say on it? Does it in any way mention DACA? Does it have anything under terms and conditions?

2. How many business days did it take to received your card form the initial approval text?

3. did you have any way to track the EAD or approval letters in the mail? USPS or UPS? Did it required your signature for delivery?

4. For those who have applied for a job already, what do you answer when they ask for your status? or what kind of work permit do you have?

Thanks for all your responses !!!

I haven't been approved yet but I can answer some of these questions.

1) The EAD cards have the word "Category" on them, and under "Category" it will have C33, that means that we are DACA applicants.

6a00d8341bfae553ef01543.jpg

3) The EAD doesn't take long to arrive after USPS has picked it up. Your online case status will update to "USPS has reported that they have picked up your card" or something along those lines. Not everyone will get this message. After that, you can call USCIS and they will be able to give you a tracking number, but the EAD won't take long to get to your house.

4) When filling out a job application, it won't ask you for immigration status. It will only ask if you are legally allowed to work in the United States. After you are hired, the employer may ask for proof of legal employment in which you just have to show your EAD and SSN.

To anwer your questions:

1) Jose is right about the "Category" thats what it says on the EAD

2) For me it take 3 days

3) I didn't track it but I did get a text when it was delivered and no signature was required