DreamingStyle

Traveling WITHIN the US (Domestic)

I got approved on Nov 5th and should be getting my EAD card soon.. hopefully tomorrow?

And I really have to fly from NY to FL asap.

I can use my EAD card as ID right?

Hahahaha I actually did get it the day after this post! :)

Edited by DreamingStyle

I got approved on Nov 5th and should be getting my EAD card soon.. hopefully tomorrow?

And I really have to fly from NY to FL asap.

I can use my EAD card as ID right?

YES! You can use that for ID!

I live in tx and this past weekend drive to NM. Driving through the checkpoints I presented my EAD TX ID and a copy of my approval notic from DACA. I was also asked if I was a US Citizen and I replied NON CITIZEN.

I live in tx and this past weekend drive to NM. Driving through the checkpoints I presented my EAD TX ID and a copy of my approval notic from DACA. I was also asked if I was a US Citizen and I replied NON CITIZEN.

I had no idea we have checkpoints on the road :o

Theres checkpoints if you drive to a different state.

Not here, I have drove to NY, TN, AZ, TX, NJ and some others. Never have been to a checkpoint.

The only checkpoint was when we almost crossed from the niagara falls, NY to canada lol..

Whoaaa go through checkpoints while traveling within the U.S on the road!? That sounds more difficult than getting through an actual checkpoint on an airport...

It's quite easy.

All they ask is if you are a U.S. Citizen. Of course we must say no. Then they will ask you for proof of Residence or Legal Presence. Our Legal Presence document can be a copy of our DACA approval letter and EAD. Then you're on your way.

Alright guys. Flight booked!

Taking DACA approval notice, EAD, foreign passport, and temp nondriver's state ID when I apply in a couple days.

Oh a plane. I'm so excited.

I have done a bit of traveling the past couple of years from Massachusetts to Florida using my country's passport. I've never had a problem with it. If you check with TSA website you'll see tha using a foreign passport is an acceptable form of ID to use at the airport. Usually when you fly within the states when you're going through the airport's checkpoint they just check to see if your passport is valid your name and photo.

yea thats wat i heard but i want to make sure so my family can come to minnisota to visit me.... I've travel to california with my matricula but wen i tryed to come back to minnisota it wasent easy... iwas scared cuz they were calling ppl and i had to sign some paper! i thought they were calling the ice police...lol but they finally let me go that was a relieve.. but next time ill use the passport ;)

You know, for every aiport in the country they are all different in the sense of being strict. Like I said, I've never had any problems traveling with a foreign passport. But that doesn't mean that there's still no risks involved. For example, an officer at some airport can decide to go ahead and find the visa stamp on your passport (thing which I heard is unlikely when traveling in the U.S). Obviously if this officer wants to screw you over, he can do that. Don't mean to scare you but its still a reality that must be pointed out...

I agree with u guys.. I find these checkpoints rather annoying...

That's crazy! I didn't know there were check points in between states? I've never seen one? But I love the non-citizen answer lol I guess some states further down have check points..